Wiki Posts
Search

Additional YX routes in 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Additional YX routes in 2010

YX on twitter, replying to inquiry about MKE-SEA:

We're looking at lots of cities from MKE for 2010...so stay tuned.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
YX on twitter, replying to inquiry about MKE-SEA:
Thanks for posting.

I do think we'll be seeing a fairly substantial increase in flying from MKE next year.

Going only on comments made by Bryan Bedford to the media, we know that:

1) More Airbus and E-Jets will be coming to MKE in the not too distant future.

2) Republic's desire to serve the top 35 or so destinations from MKE non-stop on a year-round basis. Now, I don't think Republic will actually fly to the all of the top 35 destinations but there are definately opportunities for new/expanded flying.

2010 is shaping-up to be another interesting year for both Midwest and MKE.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
I was talking to a midwest pilot at the gate prior to our flight about the whole situation going on with the old guard and one of the things he mentioned is that the word is that Republic wants to basically get Midwest's Milwaukee schedule back to where it was at its prime...Not sure what the timeline would be to get there, but all the recent posts make it seem like they want to get there sooner rather than later.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by blucys
Not sure what the timeline would be to get there, but all the recent posts make it seem like they want to get there sooner rather than later.
Republic has made some conflicting statements in the past about how far back they would be going in restoring discontinued service. Specific reference has been made to adding back all of the dropped routes just prior to the big pull-down last September but there has also been word that Republic would go all the way back to where things stood as of January 2008.

Since late summer, Republic has gone further and has indicated new routes/destinations will be added as well. Not only has Bryan Bedford talked about the need to serve the top 35 destinations non-stop from MKE, but various radio advertisements have mentioned that new cities will be added.

It's hard to say what will eventually return. The status of MCI is such a wildcard, but if we look at the route map from January 2008 here's what may be coming back:

MKE:
SEA (seasonal flight at the time)
SFO (Seasonal flight at the time)
CWA
MKG
BDL
BWI (unlikely to return due to Southwest and AirTran)
RDU
CLT
YYZ (unlikely to return)

The B1900 cities were excluded.

MCI:
SAN
COS (unlikely to return)
MSN
AUS
SAT
CMH
PIT
MCO
FLL

If you go back a couple of more years, routes like Houston and New Orleans could likely be added back as well.

As you can see, there is a lot that could potentially return.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
So Republic will have Midwest/Frontier hubs at MCI, MKE, and DEN. Are we to assume that they will also try to connect the dots for their cities?

Also, everything has been Embraer (RJ and 170 Family) and Airbus. What about the Q400? What are they gonna do with those aircraft?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ERJ170
So Republic will have Midwest/Frontier hubs at MCI, MKE, and DEN. Are we to assume that they will also try to connect the dots for their cities?

Also, everything has been Embraer (RJ and 170 Family) and Airbus. What about the Q400? What are they gonna do with those aircraft?
I have no idea where the aircraft come from. I think it will flying elsewhere out of MKE. I think YX will looking for more new route MKE-SLC/ABQ/JAX/COS and few others specific routes to be announced.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
COS (unlikely to return)
If they have historical data that shows MCI-COS is worth while I could see it coming back. Republic has staff at both ends of this paring. There would be no start up costs, since L4 is already working COS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.