Where to stay in Dubai

Old Nov 23, 2008, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Where to stay in Dubai

Looking for accommodation in Dubai for 6 adults during the first week of Feb 09.

Has the credit crunch hit prices there yet? Should I wait until the last minute to book?

Any recommendations on hotels?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: SK,KL,BA
Where to stay kind of depends on what you guys are going to do there and what the budget is.

Based on your description it sounds like you are there for a holiday rather than business. (If for business and especially close to DIC one of the Jumeirah hotels like Hilton Jumeirah would be a good place to stay at).

If for holiday, Jumeirah Beach Hotel (next to Burj Al Arab) is a really nice place to stay at, has a private beach, is close to Wild Wadi and Madinat Jumeirah (high-price mall).

None of the name brand hotels (Crowne Plaza, R-C, IC, Hilton, etc.) are what I would consider "bad" in DXB. The traffic is particularly bad in that place so figure out what you want/need to get done and then figure out where you want to stay.

Expect to pay > 1200-2000 AED/night + tax at most places.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 5:43 am

Other suggestions

I'm not sure how far along the public transit is going, but that probably won't be an option in Feb. That being said, the Four Point Sheraton on Sheik Zayed Rd is very nice. Good bang for your buck. Taxis are pretty easy to come by around there. Sometimes you might get stuck in traffic, but every time I have visited it hasn't been completely obnoxious.

The Jumeriah Beach area is where a lot of main attractions are located, but you will definitely pay through the nose for them.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks Kajtzu and jascia101 for your advice.

Does anyone know if hotels prices in Dubai are still holding up, are are they begining to discount?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: SK,KL,BA
Originally Posted by Connieking
Thanks Kajtzu and jascia101 for your advice.

Does anyone know if hotels prices in Dubai are still holding up, are are they begining to discount?
As far as I know there aren't any plans to drop prices across the board (based on future reservations). Specials come and go of course

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.