Wiki Posts
Search

Israel to Sham El Sheikh

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Israel to Sham El Sheikh

Looking on info on how to get from Israel to Sham El Sheikh and the Pyramids, etc (no interest in Cairo). Any info you would appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:16 am

The way to get to Sharm El Sheikh from Israel is either to fly indirect via AMM or LCA, or to get there by land from Eilat.

In Egypt, I believe you must fly between SSH and CAI.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by apirchik
The way to get to Sharm El Sheikh from Israel is either to fly indirect via AMM or LCA, or to get there by land from Eilat.

In Egypt, I believe you must fly between SSH and CAI.
There is always East Delta Bus. Daily runs to Cairo from the likes of Dahab/Sharm on the Sinai Red Sea coast.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Easiest and fairly cheap way to do it is to cross over into Taba from Eilat and just take one of the (many) taxis that is waiting by the border crossing
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
East Delta Bus runs from Taba to Sharm via Nuweiba and Dahab. Based on trips done earlier this year (last one was in May), there's a bus leaving the Taba bus station at 2pm for the above route. 20 or 25 LE from Taba to Dahab 1 way, not sure what it costs for Sharm - maybe 30 LE. Journey from Taba to Dahab is around 3hrs, so I'd figure it's another 1-2hrs from Dahab to Sharm.

The buses are dingy (no surprise) but adequate for my needs. I've never seen the 2pm bus full, so you should have an empty seat next to you for luggage if you were not planning to stow it.

If I remember correctly, there's also one leaving in the morning around 9am I think. Taba bus station is just a little more than half a klick from the gate of the Egyptian border crossing complex, so it's perfectly possible to leg it with a backpack and trolleybag.

Regardless of transport from Taba, remember you'll have to fork out 75 LE if you're heading out of Taba to other places in Egypt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.