Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai: restaurant recommendations

Old Oct 3, 07, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue

I'd appreciate any recommendations for FTer's favorite restaurants in Dubai, cuisine not important, good wine list would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6, 07, 11:23 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
if you want wine, then you have to eat in a restaurant attached to a hotel.. so aim for the most expensive hotel you can see, and the chances are meals/wine will be extensive. the majors (jumeriah, burj al arab, grosvenor house) all require advance booking through their dinner reservation desk.. numbers on their websites.

timeout dubai can guide you to specific recommendations. personally, i have never found a truly brilliant restaurant in dubai.
Old Oct 6, 07, 11:28 am

My two favorites are Rodeo Grill (at Al Bustan Rotana) and Thai Chi (Wafi City.) I don't drink, so can't help with the wine...

Cheers,
Old Oct 6, 07, 1:03 pm

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Agree with the above about Thai Chi, great food and service. The Sheraton hotel on the Creek also has a pretty good Italian restaurant that I like, with a great buffet on Fridays.
Old Oct 12, 07, 12:15 am

Zheng He's Chinese restaurant in the Madinat Jumeirah complex, easiest to get to from the Mina A Salam hotel.^^
Old Oct 15, 07, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Entrecote Cafe de Paris in the Khaleej Palace hotel is excellent, as is the Argentine steak restaurant in the Jumeirah Beach hotel. India Palace, a local chain, has great Indian. For buffets (with all of their limitations), Spice Market in the Renaissance is fun.
Old Nov 8, 07, 11:10 am

I'd reccomend Asha's (restaurant owned by famed Indian singer Asha Bhosle) located in Wafi City. Great atmostphere for Indian restaurant and nice menu as well.
Old Nov 13, 07, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
The Spanish restaurant at Al Qasr.
The Persian and Lebanese ones at Madinat Jumeirah.
Argentinian one at JBH.
Cheers,

Search this Thread
Search Engine: