FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/)
-   -   Carmel Forest Spa, Israel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east/689636-carmel-forest-spa-israel.html)

dg252 May 4, 2007 2:23 am

Carmel Forest Spa, Israel

I'm going there for 3 nights in a few weeks time.

Any tips? Any recommended treatments?

Thanks.

LiorM May 4, 2007 12:34 pm

You are going to spend 3 days in the King David Carmel Forest SPA ?
WOW

I am not sure you are at the right Forum to ask this :)

Lior

ly787 May 5, 2007 3:00 am

"king david carmel forest spa"?

yosithezet May 5, 2007 10:51 am

The Carmel Forest Spa is the spa that was/is offering treatments in the King David Lounge as marketing for the spa which is near Haifa. Sorry OP but I've never been.

ly787 May 5, 2007 3:37 pm

Ah, i didnt think he meant the one at the king David Lounge at the airport.

Jakebeth May 5, 2007 10:28 pm

I for one would realllly appreciate a trip report once you go there. It looks amazing. My wife has Mitzpe Hayamim on the brain, but I'd much prefer to go somewhere closer to Haifa next time around.

apirchik May 6, 2007 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Jakebeth (Post 7693998)
I for one would realllly appreciate a trip report once you go there. It looks amazing. My wife has Mitzpe Hayamim on the brain, but I'd much prefer to go somewhere closer to Haifa next time around.

Mitzpe Hayamim is not that far from Haifa either ...

ly787 May 6, 2007 1:51 am

Carmel Forest is much much much nicer than Mitzpe Hayamim.

hnussbacher May 6, 2007 3:55 am

Carmel Spa review

Originally Posted by ly787 (Post 7694349)
Carmel Forest is much much much nicer than Mitzpe Hayamim.

You can read my detailed review at:
http://www.interall.co.il/israel-hotels.html
I have been there about 8 times and almost never disappointed. But read the review for tidbits you should know about.

Jakebeth May 7, 2007 7:03 am

Originally Posted by apirchik (Post 7694340)
Mitzpe Hayamim is not that far from Haifa either ...

I suppose it depends on what your needs are. It would be a lot easier for us to do things and visit in Haifa, Zichron, etc. during the day from Carmel Forest Spa than to drive down from Mitzpe Hayamim each day.

Thanks hnussbacher!!

SanDiego1K May 7, 2007 7:16 am

I'm going to move this to the Middle East forum, which I think will be a better home than the El Al forum.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator

Benjh Apr 14, 2008 3:31 pm

I too want to go there, in August. Any tips on finding good deals?
this is extremely expensive but I really want to try and get there for my girlfriend...

apirchik Apr 15, 2008 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Benjh (Post 9571223)
I too want to go there, in August. Any tips on finding good deals?
this is extremely expensive but I really want to try and get there for my girlfriend...

In most cases, there are no deals for this hotel as it is a one-of-a-kind and always very popular.

W9London Apr 16, 2008 6:07 am

the best spa i've been to...

Totally wonderful place. It's in the middle of the forest (of course), and we nearly missed a sign to turn driving up from Haifa.

* Try to get a room with garden balcony.
* Get up early to join one of the morning walks.
* MAKE SURE YOU BOOK TREATMENTS EARLY. You need to tell them specifically if you want therapists of the same gender as you. Treatment levels were a bit mixed. I liked indian head massage, great lady who did hot stone massage. Facials were so so.
* Food--the major difference for me between Carmel Forest and Mitzpe haYamim is that the former is kosher certified, serves meat for lunch and dinner.

I'm also on a lookout for a bargain deal for CFS, if such thing exists. Probably mid-week (Sun-Wed) give better rates? I believe they are a part of Isrotel chain (of many Eilat hotels) so you may be able to collect points. I also remember that local Israelis used to get better rates--not sure if this is still the case.

Another spa I liked--more for food and ambiance is Shizen Spa in Herzlia Pituah. Excellent oriental restaurant attached to the spa.