Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tunisia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Tunisia

Has anyone been to Tunisia recently?

Especially interested in finding a good (hopefully reasonably priced) driver/guide in Tunis. I want to go to Carthage, Kairouan and Dougga.

The Sheraton gave me a price for a trip to Dougga and the rates seemed to be as high as NY.

Any other recommendations in Tunis? What do do? Where to eat?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:02 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Sheraton Tunis is not a great hotel in my opinion. I'd really suggest you get hold of the Lonely Planet Tunisia, and check the tours/guides listed in there. The Sheraton left me stranded at the airport last time I went there.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 4:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was there at Easter '06 and stayed at the Renaissance Tunis. Although the hotel and its facilities are beautiful, the staff, overall, is incompetent and I wouldn't recommend staying there. However, they do have a fantastic Thai restaurant in the hotel. Highly recommend that. I did ask for a car and driver for 2 days to see the different sights. In the end, I paid about TND80 (about 48 euro) for the entire day. The hotel made the reservation for me. I would say to be careful that the hotel personally knows the driver. Some of the drivers can be a bit unscrupulous.
For eating, I would recommend that you go to Sidi Bou Said for a nice meal. There are some spectacular views and plenty of good restaurants there.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 7:35 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
do not forget Thurburbo Majus and El Jem ^
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
We are going to Tunis in a couple weeks for a few days. .. any updates of things to do and see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.