Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beware bogus charges from Hertz TLV (Kesher Rent a Car)

Beware bogus charges from Hertz TLV (Kesher Rent a Car)

Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Route 6 has two rates -- one for cars which have a responder in them and the other, higher, rate for all other cars.

Did yours have a responder?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pmetter
I rented a car in Israel in September 2010. I was told that if I used the toll road H6 Hertz adds a $5 handling fee.
Three weeks later my Amex now shows a $27 charge for the small stretch I drove on H6. Based on Internet information including the maximum mark up plus Hertz's $5 handling charge, the $27 is more than double what I should have been charged.
Amex is crediting my account for 1/2 this amount ($13/50) "because you are a great client". This does not make me feel any happier about the overcharge from Kesher.
Beware!
did you pick the car up or drop it off at the airport? doing either 1 or both mandates a $27 airport tax, if you did it was it on your bill when you returned the car or picked it up, sometimes it will be omitted and then they will bill you separately for it

for others teh handling fee is a per month fee = drive on H6 say 9/30 and return on 10/1 you will be hit twice since 2 different months are involved so I was told. also most companies charge upwards on $15 just for the handling fee
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Route six fees on rental cars are always confusing.

When you rent a vehicle, you first pay a service fee. This is good for a calendar month. Then for every calendar month you drive on Route 6 there is another service fee. So a rental from September 27 to October 3 incurs 2 monthly fees versus, say, a rental from September 1 to September 29.

Very common for these fees to be charged on a rental 6 months later.

Parking tickets, again, are covered in the contract, and you agreee to reimburse the renal agency, who is entitled to add a service fee to this as well.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:24 pm

Kesher rent a car bogus charges - 2010

A couple of comments:
1. The airport charge was paid seperately.
2. My car did not have a responder and the toll charges occurred on the same day. The charge, without the $5 handling fee that Hertz told me about, was at least double the highest rate I could find on the Internet.
3. Yesterday (11/2/10), two months later, Kesher has charged an additional $6 to my credit card. No idea what this is for!
I am also disputing this charge.
The fun continues.............
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:26 pm

Fraud Charges 1064 instead of $800 Ben Gurion Airport Kesher Rent A Car

I signed the rental agreement for $800 and was charged $1064.
The person at the desk told me he can't show me the receipt and will send it by email. By the time I got the receipt it was too late and there was no one to talk to.
Filed a complaint with Kesher Rent A Car and with Hertz to no avail.

BEWARE FRAUD!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Daniel Zinder
I signed the rental agreement for $800 and was charged $1064.
The person at the desk told me he can't show me the receipt and will send it by email. By the time I got the receipt it was too late and there was no one to talk to.
Filed a complaint with Kesher Rent A Car and with Hertz to no avail.

BEWARE FRAUD!
1stly Im Not defending Hertz!

but 1- Hertz Into locations are usually not Corp locations but d/b/a locations = Francises

2- as with any rental by any chance before you left the counter did you ask how much the total would be ? and if it wasnt what you expected did you take out a printout of what it should be? (Ive ran into what you did many times with various companys, once I showed the copy I had with me they changed everything to match it

3- if you booke dvia hertz.com did it include the Mandatory 3rd party liable coverage you MUST take?

4- did you Dispute the charge with your CC?

5- did the CC you used have CDW coverage in Is? did you have a letter atesting to that?

if I may ask what was the extra $264 for?

could be you are 100% correct or depending upon what the extra charge was for you could be 100% wrong

Last edited by craz; Aug 5, 2019 at 4:44 am Reason: left the word Not out in my 1st sentence
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by craz
1stly Im defending Hertz!

Seems an odd position to take......
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Seems an odd position to take......
When someone opens an account somewhere just to scream "fraud" without giving any factual details, that's not an odd position at all, but I think @craz forgot the word "not" in there
I rent from the same location multiple times a year (used to be up to 5) and only once had an issue where they charged me over a pre-paid booking, one phone call to their customer service and it was reversed + I got a voucher for the next rental...
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ditto
When someone opens an account somewhere just to scream "fraud" without giving any factual details, that's not an odd position at all, but I think @craz forgot the word "not" in there
I rent from the same location multiple times a year (used to be up to 5) and only once had an issue where they charged me over a pre-paid booking, one phone call to their customer service and it was reversed + I got a voucher for the next rental...
thx I corrected it

usually if the car was damaged they wont charge you till they determine the cost to fix it and usually that isnt done on the spot.

Ive had it where the TA I used gets a reduced rate and for some reason it didnt get posted on the res, but once I showed my printout from the TA they fix it there and then even when Im returning the car But I doubt the OP in this case will be back, but w/o them letting us know what it was for, I will side that Hertz was correct in what they charged
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:03 am

usually if the car was damaged they wont charge you till they determine the cost to fix it and usually that isnt done on the spot.
That indeed could be an option, but given the state of cars I'm usually given in Israel, I suspect in case of damage they just charge a flat fee as they don't seem to actually fix the cars.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:53 am
Suspended

That indeed could be an option, but given the state of cars I'm usually given in Israel, I suspect in case of damage they just charge a flat fee as they don't seem to actually fix the cars.

Ive never not been given a receipt when I returned my car, thats including Hertz. The only time I wasnt given one is if there was any damage to the car which meant they didnt close out the contract, till they determine what if any costs will be charged

I get the receipt in the office and not via the checker, the checker has no way to show it but can confirm the amount being charged, if its more then what it should be then go straight into the office pull out your copy of the reservation and an adjustment is made then and there to match what my confirmation is showing, at times they have to call up and make sure what Im showing them isnt photo shopped etc. Of cause its not a fast process and if a person is running late all bets are off, in that case Plan B goes into place = contact the TA the res was made with and they will go to battle to get it changed unless it was due to damages, tkts or tolls

For all we know the OP is underage and got hit with that fee or booked with a website that didnt include the mandatory 3rd party liability.

The rental companys play a ton of games (not only in Israel) but outright Fraud usually isnt 1 of them. (Unless charging for the same damage over and over again is counted unless you checked the car before driving off and had them note the spots. Hitting us for a scratch thats bearly visible but its there, which no place in the US would charge for but most places in Europe would, I fully understand

A great remedy is Turpentine!, it will remove the other vehicles paint and gets rid of most minor scratches, so good that even when they are looking right at the spot they dont see anything, at times on an angle and with the sun hitting it it will show, Of cause driving thru a dirt parking lot afterwards doesnt hurt any If theres a dent in the metal thats something else. The Exception to this will be Europa Car and Eldan where the checkers go over almost every single cm of the body and looking from numerous angles to boot before moving onto the next part of the car

fwiw, I prefer a car thats all banged up as they pay alot less attention to it when being returned, while a new car they check with a fine tooth comb
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:53 am

Ive never not been given a receipt when I returned my car, thats including Hertz. The only time I wasnt given one is if there was any damage to the car which meant they didnt close out the contract, till they determine what if any costs will be charged
I give back the car, confirm that there are no additional charges with the "checker" and just go to the terminal, the receipt/invoice/checkin form follow by e-mail shortly thereafter, I don't spend time going to the office or anywhere else as I don't like to arrive to the airport too early.
In the single case there was an overcharge, a single call to Kesher CS solved it immediately, so really I don't think they are involved in any fraud, most likely either a misunderstanding on OPs side or an honest mistake on Hertz side
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:56 am
Suspended

I give back the car, confirm that there are no additional charges with the "checker" and just go to the terminal, the receipt/invoice/checkin form follow by e-mail shortly thereafter, I don't spend time going to the office or anywhere else as I don't like to arrive to the airport too early.
In the single case there was an overcharge, a single call to Kesher CS solved it immediately, so really I don't think they are involved in any fraud, most likely either a misunderstanding on OPs side or an honest mistake on Hertz side
I agree with you, I personally want a printed receipt. usually I do as you do but when picking up the car, and before I sign off on everything I ask ' can you please tell me the net net amount I will pay" if it doesnt match what it s/b I have them take care of it them and there, unless Im in a rush and will do so when I return it. Across many different companys over the yers Ive had them tell me a higher amount, I usually rent via an agent in Israel who gets special rates and not all the time is that inputted. Its not a case of them trying to pull a fast one at all, just if the code isnt inputted it defaults to a higher rate basis

Ive even had it where they realized it was wrong as she saw the kippor on my head, she said you wont be driving on Shabbat or Hag are you I said nope , she said she has to redo the contract since those days Im only suppose to pay the ins and they are charging me as if Im not shomer shabbos

Out of the 100s of rentals Ive had with Hertz,Avis and Budget I never ran into what I thought was outright Fraud. Cant say the same about Eldan or Europa Car. My last rental with EC when I returned the brand new car the guy inside saw no notes for any damages and called the guy in and said what you found nothing wrong
Old Dec 15, 2020, 2:38 am

Hi
I have just recieved for the 3 time 15 $ charge
I rented a car in march!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.