Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi - Al Hosn Green Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE 100K

Travelling through the UAE soon, have a brief 33ish hour layover.
I land in AUH @ around 1830 on Sept 28th and then fly out on Sept 30th @ 0300 or so.
As such was only planning on booking 1x night hotel. If possible I'd like to avoid doing the PCR on arrival just to avoid risking a +ve result affecting / limiting my onward travel.
Also unsure what the turnaround time of the PCR is on arrival @ the airport?

Do you need the Green Pass to enter / stay in hotels or eat in the hotel restaurants / use hotel facilities?
Do you need it for taxis / transit?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Turnaround is about 2 hours. You don't need green pass for taxis but you may need it to access restaurants etc.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Travelling through the UAE soon, have a brief 33ish hour layover.
I land in AUH @ around 1830 on Sept 28th and then fly out on Sept 30th @ 0300 or so.
As such was only planning on booking 1x night hotel. If possible I'd like to avoid doing the PCR on arrival just to avoid risking a +ve result affecting / limiting my onward travel.
Also unsure what the turnaround time of the PCR is on arrival @ the airport?

Do you need the Green Pass to enter / stay in hotels or eat in the hotel restaurants / use hotel facilities?
Do you need it for taxis / transit?

Thanks!
Don't forget that you can use your local Health Service app confirming full vax + a PCR less than 14 days old to create an equivalent to the Al-H app. I'll do this in two weeks using the UK NHS app plus a UK PCR to avoid an airport test.

You can see more information about this on the website of Etihad.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Don't forget that you can use your local Health Service app confirming full vax + a PCR less than 14 days old to create an equivalent to the Al-H app. I'll do this in two weeks using the UK NHS app plus a UK PCR to avoid an airport test.

You can see more information about this on the website of Etihad.
Thanks for that tip. Based in Canada... don't really have a local health service app for COVID pass anymore.
Can generate a PDF with vax info / QR code though.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdf
Turnaround is about 2 hours. You don't need green pass for taxis but you may need it to access restaurants etc.
How strict are most businesses? Have most been using the pass / checking?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:01 am

How strict are most businesses? Have most been using the pass / checking?
Malls are very strict. Restaurants less so, unless they're in a hotel, in which case it's 50-50.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdf
Malls are very strict. Restaurants less so, unless they're in a hotel, in which case it's 50-50.
Thanks for the info.

Yeah mostly wondering if I could get away with skipping the PCR / not getting a Green Pass, and still being able to stay at the hotel / eat at the hotel restaurant / use the pool and beach or whatever.
Little easier than transiting to Dubai / staying there.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

One more question / point to clarify:

Would I need Al Hosn / Green Pass to access the Etihad lounges in AUH when I am flying out?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:46 pm

One more question / point to clarify:

Would I need Al Hosn / Green Pass to access the Etihad lounges in AUH when I am flying out?
Nope
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Flying into DXB in two days, then driving to Abu Dhabi for one night. I have a vaccine certificate from the US (with QR code) and a negative PCR test taken yesterday, but with no QR code. If I bring both with me in Abu Dhabi, will I be fine? Or should I just stop by the airport and get a PCR test there?

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:01 am

For those in Abu Dhabi, is there any talk or removing the requirement for the green pass or do you think it'll still be around to see the new year in?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by henrus
For those in Abu Dhabi, is there any talk or removing the requirement for the green pass or do you think it'll still be around to see the new year in?
I think it will still be around. It's such a low friction deal (for residents - tests are cheap, quick and ubiquitous) that there's hardly any pressure to get rid of it.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
we just returned from Abu Dhabi and were there for 1 night to/from dubai. We didn't bother with the app. We showed our paper vaccination cards from the US and PCR test printout from US taken within 14 days. It was fine everywhere. But it was STRICT. every single place we entered asked - the hotel, the Louvre museum, Qasr al Watan, etc. we flew out of DXB, so don't know about airport.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
Currently in Abu Dhabi and have 3 more days here. Green tick required at pretty much every mall and tourist attraction. We arrived at AUH at 2200 and had fast track through immigration and our bags were the first 2 off the carousel so made a bee line for the testing station where it was about a 30 minute wait but the line was huge by time we left. We picked up the hire car and drove to the Sofitel and by time we got there we had the results and our app had been updated to green. Happy with the service
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:02 am
Suspended

Hi everyone - I can confirm that by using a PCR result from CVS in the US taken a week earlier and my CDC US vaccination card I had no issues getting into museums, malls, and restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.