Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Vaccine entry rules for Doha Qatar for anyone who has entered recently?

Old May 13, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Air France Platinum, and still missing Virgin America Elevate Gold

Has anyone here entered Doha recently, and submitted their USA CDC vaccine via the pre-arrival Ehteraz website and been approved IF your last dose was more than 9 months ago. Technically, if you really parse the Qatar government website, anyone who is more than 9 months and 2 weeks since their second dose(pfizer/modera) or first done(J&J) is considered unvaccinated. Unless you get a "booster" your vaccine is "no good" more than 9.5 months after final dose. I can't believe Qatar is going to turn away all non boosted people from the USA so I'd appreciate any data points if anyone has any. I'm going there next mont and am more than 9 months past dose 2 so I'm getting very worried.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi

Please look at post #13 in this thread which might be helpful:

BA LGW - DOH Recent experiences and Covid entry
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:39 am

Just do the booster and save yourself the headache
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Air France Platinum, and still missing Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by jfdes
Just do the booster and save yourself the headache
yeah, thanks, no thanks, i'm not going to get my medical advice from a forum poster, but appreciate you stepping in for the place of a real MD.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mikeap
yeah, thanks, no thanks, i'm not going to get my medical advice from a forum poster, but appreciate you stepping in for the place of a real MD.
I'm not sure medical advice was being offered. The advice focussed on a simple way for you to gain peace of mind at minor inconvenience.

It looks as though you've established the details of the regulations concerning entry, but seek confirmation that these can be side-stepped. I'm sure they can, but just as sure they might not be so easily got around if you run into a more exacting immigration officer.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:15 pm

I have a four day visit in DOH in late June, before going on to Singapore. I'm a bit concerned that the Ehteraz app might erroneously display a yellow or gray color after I've left the airport, thus making it impossible for me to get back into the airport to continue my journey a few days later. Of course I understand that if I test positive while I'm there, I can't travel. I'm talking about an incorrect status that might be hard to clear up in time. Anybody have anything to share about their experiences with the app *after* leaving the airport?

(I'm vaccinated and boosted, BTW)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by schneider4
I have a four day visit in DOH in late June, before going on to Singapore. I'm a bit concerned that the Ehteraz app might erroneously display a yellow or gray color after I've left the airport, thus making it impossible for me to get back into the airport to continue my journey a few days later. Of course I understand that if I test positive while I'm there, I can't travel. I'm talking about an incorrect status that might be hard to clear up in time. Anybody have anything to share about their experiences with the app *after* leaving the airport?

If you are pre-approved on Etheraz, you will likely get a green QR code on the app right out of the airport.

The one problem though is, the Etheraz app might not allow you to login or send OTP until you are connected to a local WiFi (it's not about just having an internet connection). Past that, and you're fine.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by schneider4

We did a 4 hour layover in Doha recently and so didnt even use the Ehteraz app. They did not check at all when we arrived at the airport, they just saw our boarding passes and waved us through. This was in business class however.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:20 pm

We did a 4 hour layover in Doha recently and so didnt even use the Ehteraz app. They did not check at all when we arrived at the airport, they just saw our boarding passes and waved us through. This was in business class however.
Etheraz can refer to either:
1. the pre-approval system for entry into Qatar, or
2. the Etheraz app to gain entry into large indoor spaces.

Immigration officers have not asked for (1) Etheraz pre-approval acknowledgement nor check for (2) Etheraz app since a few months ago. Check-in agents at your point of flight departure might ask for (1) though.

You can enter Qatar without the (2) Etheraz app, but you would not be able to gain entry into any hotels*, malls, the metro or the trams. If you are okay with that, then you are generally fine.

* In the event you are unable to activate your (2) Etheraz app and require to check-in and gain access to the hotel WiFi to activate it, hotel staffs are generally very understanding and would offer a grace period.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:05 pm

Since you had only a transit, did you take the PCR test before flying? Did the airline check for a negative test? I assume that you stayed in the airport the entire time. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Since you had only a transit, did you take the PCR test before flying? Did the airline check for a negative test? I assume that you stayed in the airport the entire time. Thanks.
We took PCR tests before flying, yes. It was within the 48 hours before boarding the flight. We were not asked for our tests at the airport as our final destination did not require them, however I did upload the documents to the Etharaz online app beforehand.

We left the airport in Qatar for 4.5 hours and visited Doha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.