Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel to Ease Covid Restrictions for Entrance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israel to Ease Covid Restrictions for Entrance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
What? I checked with my health insurance carrier. I have "global health insurance" (I'm sure it has deductibles higher than I'd want to pay, but I have coverage). I doubt they're in the habit of issuing "certificates of insurance." I thought nobody ever asks for proof.
Blue Cross actually provided a personalized letter that covid was covered globally on our insurance. Our group included Different policies for regular employee sponsored policy and a Medicare supplement policy. We did not buy travel insurance. This was early May this year.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I guess it happens. A LH lounge agent at JFK a couple of weeks ago asked me for this "proof".
My personal health insurance is global but the agent demanded one of those travel health insurances. I was scrambling on the spot trying to buy one of those policies hoping the email would come through with the policy docs (not just the receipt, but the actual policy docs, as demanded by the agent) before boarding was closed, which it did with less than 5 minutes to spare.

It was asinine but what could I do...
This does not make sense. The agent demanded? Where were you checking in and what was your routing?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by worldiswide
This does not make sense. The agent demanded? Where were you checking in and what was your routing?
I was doing JFK-FRA-TLV and the JFK lounge agent wanted to do a docs check when I asked for a paper boarding pass. I already had mobile passes from online checkin so didn't stop at the counters.
She said I needed health insurance valid in Israel, which I said yes I do my personal health insurance covers me worldwide. She said no you MUST buy one of those travel health insurances for like ~$50. I can't imagine my personal insurance wouldn't have worked, but it's one of those situations with limited time and a high cost to resisting, it's just easier/worth $50 to comply even if wrong than have the trip start to unravel. I was wondering if she gets commission from those insurance companies...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:59 pm

The 48 hours to fill in the Israel entry form has been changed to 10 days.

https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/

I would imagine the agent demanded because an airline can be penalized for transporting someone who is not eligible to enter.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I was doing JFK-FRA-TLV and the JFK lounge agent wanted to do a docs check when I asked for a paper boarding pass. I already had mobile passes from online checkin so didn't stop at the counters.
She said I needed health insurance valid in Israel, which I said yes I do my personal health insurance covers me worldwide. She said no you MUST buy one of those travel health insurances for like ~$50. I can't imagine my personal insurance wouldn't have worked, but it's one of those situations with limited time and a high cost to resisting, it's just easier/worth $50 to comply even if wrong than have the trip start to unravel. I was wondering if she gets commission from those insurance companies...
got it...lots of people making up their own rules these days.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:38 pm

Destination entry form?

Is anyone having trouble with the destination entry form? It asks me to upload my Covid vaccination card but there is no upload button. Is the website broken or is the vaccine certificate not required anymore?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rnner88
Is anyone having trouble with the destination entry form? It asks me to upload my Covid vaccination card but there is no upload button. Is the website broken or is the vaccine certificate not required anymore?
I did the form, no problem a few days ago. Scan your form and save it it PDF format. (that is the only format that works.) Sometimes the site is buggy. Just start all over again. It should work that way.

BTW-- first you manually type the info with dates. If you are not doing that--maybe you are using an old version of the form This is the correct one

https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.