Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel to Ease Covid Restrictions for Entrance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israel to Ease Covid Restrictions for Entrance

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Ok, another test question. At what point do passengers test on arrival at TLV? Does this happen before or after the immigration? Before or after picking up checked bags?
After immigration, and I think after baggage (I didn’t check bags). Then there are cones and signs directing you to where to get tested. Make sure you pre-book.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:48 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
After immigration, and I think after baggage (I didn’t check bags). Then there are cones and signs directing you to where to get tested. Make sure you pre-book.
Correct, it’s after immigration and baggage. It’s the very last step before leaving the airport.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, United MileagePlus, JetBlue TrueBlue, Frontier, Iberia Plus
How long would you estimate the process takes after landing from immigration, getting baggage and PCR testing before you’re done?
Old May 6, 2022, 6:14 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Lilly7
How long would you estimate the process takes after landing from immigration, getting baggage and PCR testing before you’re done?
It of course depends on how long your bags take, but I think a good estimate is 20 minutes. In my experience the longest part is walking from your arrival gate to immigration.
Lilly7 likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:47 pm

What does proof of insurance that covers covid require? I have a print out of the policy from the insurance company that says covid is covered. Will that be enough?
Old May 6, 2022, 1:40 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by olouie
What does proof of insurance that covers covid require? I have a print out of the policy from the insurance company that says covid is covered. Will that be enough?
That will be enough. And I've never (over five separate trips on three different airlines and during the period with the current rules) had anybody ask for the proof of insurance anyhow.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
That will be enough. And I've never (over five separate trips on three different airlines and during the period with the current rules) had anybody ask for the proof of insurance anyhow.
Thanks, same thing I heard from my friend who went 2 weeks ago but a tour operator was scaring us saying we needed some official forms letters out that would only cost $100 each person haha. No thanks.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jetplane86
I’m on the same boat. Did you get any clarification on arrival testing for those who recovered without QR code?
No. it seems like you have to get tested and then fail and then submit another form to the health dept yo get out if quarantine early.

would love a first hand account.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:19 am

So it is now official that PCR tests for arrivals will end on May 20th.

In addition, from May 10th, a pre-departure Antigen test taken within 24 hours of arrival will be accepted for entry to Israel.
Lilly7 and JacobNL like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Deleted

Last edited by nachosdelux; May 10, 2022 at 8:20 am
Old May 21, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So with the new rules, it seems like there are no Covid restrictions on entering Israel, right? As an American, I just fill out the customary health form before my flight and that's it?
Old May 21, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by iahphx
So with the new rules, it seems like there are no Covid restrictions on entering Israel, right? As an American, I just fill out the customary health form before my flight and that's it?
that is correct - 48 hours prior to departure of the direct (last) flight to TLV.
iahphx likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:46 am

They still require you be insured for Covid. It is my understanding they spot check in Israel, and your airline could ask. I insure with Allianz. I do NOT ensure the ticket itself, since it is flexible. I was overseas for 10 weeks and the insurance, with a paper saying It included Covid coast me $67.00
Old May 31, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awayIgo
They still require you be insured for Covid. It is my understanding they spot check in Israel, and your airline could ask. I insure with Allianz. I do NOT ensure the ticket itself, since it is flexible. I was overseas for 10 weeks and the insurance, with a paper saying It included Covid coast me $67.00
What? I checked with my health insurance carrier. I have "global health insurance" (I'm sure it has deductibles higher than I'd want to pay, but I have coverage). I doubt they're in the habit of issuing "certificates of insurance." I thought nobody ever asks for proof.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by iahphx
What? I checked with my health insurance carrier. I have "global health insurance" (I'm sure it has deductibles higher than I'd want to pay, but I have coverage). I doubt they're in the habit of issuing "certificates of insurance." I thought nobody ever asks for proof.
I guess it happens. A LH lounge agent at JFK a couple of weeks ago asked me for this "proof".
My personal health insurance is global but the agent demanded one of those travel health insurances. I was scrambling on the spot trying to buy one of those policies hoping the email would come through with the policy docs (not just the receipt, but the actual policy docs, as demanded by the agent) before boarding was closed, which it did with less than 5 minutes to spare.

It was asinine but what could I do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.