Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travelling from France to Dubai via Turkey : will I have to do the PCR on arrival ?

Travelling from France to Dubai via Turkey : will I have to do the PCR on arrival ?

Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold

Hi everyone ! So I'll be flying to Dubai in a couple weeks on Turkish Airlines from Nice, France via Istanbul but I can't figure out what the rules will be for me as far as Dubai's PCR on arrival rule for Turkish arrivals ?
I'll obviously have a PCR done 72 hours before departure but given that I won't be entering Turkey, rather I'll just be transiting airside, will the DXB authorities see me as an arrival from France or will they just lump me in with the pax from IST and subject me to a PCR on arrival ? The info is very confusing online given that the UAE gov website seems to be sourcing its info from Emirates but I won't be flying Emirates but rather Turkish Airlines who in turn don't have any info on the matter either from my enquiries...

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA PS, OZ, AS MVP
I will have a similar transit in Turkey coming up and was wondering the same thing?! Did you find anything out OP?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Originally Posted by STAKK
I will have a similar transit in Turkey coming up and was wondering the same thing?! Did you find anything out OP?
Yep so in the end even if you transit airside at Istanbul enroute to Dubai, you still have to take a rapid PCR test upon arrival at DXB. So it doesn't make a difference between transiting or having a landside layover in Turkey. However since I am fully vaccinated I didn't have to quarantine whilst awaiting the results
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: UA PS, OZ, AS MVP
Thanks for the update! Sounds like we will be doing the same thing.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by roimaaf
Yep so in the end even if you transit airside at Istanbul enroute to Dubai, you still have to take a rapid PCR test upon arrival at DXB. So it doesn't make a difference between transiting or having a landside layover in Turkey. However since I am fully vaccinated I didn't have to quarantine whilst awaiting the results
Sorry to bump an old thread. Aside from the PCR test on arrival which I understand, only your PCR test at the point of origin was required, correct? You did not have to take another PCR test in IST, as a transit passenger, to be able to enter Dubai?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.