Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any Vaccinated Travelers Visiting Egypt this past week or next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Egypt just changed their entry requirements so that vaccinated travelers don't need to provide a negative PCR test, as long as you have a vaccination certificate with QR code. Just wondering if anyone has tried this route! Heading to Egypt next weekend from California and wondering how the process is turning out.
Test Certificate Requirements:
  • Fully-vaccinated travellers with a QR-coded certificate of proof for a full dose of approved novel coronavirus vaccines completed 14 days prior to arrival are not required to take a PCR test. However, travellers arriving from countries impacted by coronavirus variants will be subject to a rapid test upon arrival.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by blackzarg
Egypt just changed their entry requirements so that vaccinated travelers don't need to provide a negative PCR test, as long as you have a vaccination certificate with QR code. Just wondering if anyone has tried this route! Heading to Egypt next weekend from California and wondering how the process is turning out.
I'm headed there next weekend. Not sure the QR code will be possible though since all I have is a CDC card. Does California have some type of database you can use for a code. South Carolina sadly does not and, I imagine, never will.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IggySD
I'm headed there next weekend. Not sure the QR code will be possible though since all I have is a CDC card. Does California have some type of database you can use for a code. South Carolina sadly does not and, I imagine, never will.
Yes, it was just released a couple weeks ago:
https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

You get a QR Smart Health code and it says your name, DOB, and first and second shot dates. I think I’m still going to get a PCR test just in case though but will try to use my CDC vaccine card and California QR Code first and report back!
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Travelling from Philadelphia to Cairo on the 22nd. No QR code stuff here so will just get getting PCR test a couple of days before leaving...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
For those getting PCR test, how hard has it been to find done that has a QR code or lab stamp? I haven't been able to find those options here in Minnesota
Old Sep 5, 2021, 6:57 pm

just wanted to followup to see what yall's experience was like aj411 jeffers blackzarg
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aksh
just wanted to followup to see what yall's experience was like aj411 jeffers blackzarg
Update from us.
I had talked to the lab at Mayo Clinic (our local clinic) about "stamping" the lab results since they couldn't add a QR code and Egypt would accept either stamp or QR code. They were willing to help. We did that but BUT just before travel the Test-for-travel place at MSP added a QR code to their results. Just for Egypt. We used that version but carried both. Honestly, we had even checked out neighboring states to see if we could do a road trip to get results with QR code (there was one place in Wisconsin that might have worked).

The airlines agent looked at our results much more thoroughly than arrival in Egypt. Oddly, Egypt immigration looked at our CDC card and accepted that which they shouldn't have done since no QR code. Go figure.

My thought was we were prepared with different versions and backup documentation of everything. Just in case since we have had experiences of getting hassled by the odd immigration agent or airline checkin agent who has a bad day.
We also carried CDC card (as well as a print out of all of our immunizations from our state health department - not stamped or with QR code but at least had an official letterhead)

In the end, it wasn't too bad
Aksh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.