Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New terminal at BAH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:46 am
Original Poster

New terminal at BAH

Is the new passenger terminal at BAH operational yet? I was looking into this and saw that it was scheduled to open of March of this year, but obviously because of COVID that didn't happen. I can't find anything else besides that though, is the old terminal still in use or have flights moved to the new terminal?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:21 pm

I believe it's getting close to operational. Based on what I read this week, it seems they have begun demolishing the old terminal and thus, the new one must be imminent?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS

Work on phase two of Bahrain Airport passenger terminal project on track

Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by oreomilkshake
Is the new passenger terminal at BAH operational yet? I was looking into this and saw that it was scheduled to open of March of this year, but obviously because of COVID that didn't happen. I can't find anything else besides that though, is the old terminal still in use or have flights moved to the new terminal?
Any pictures of the old, old terminal? The one I remember is when BAH used to be a crew-change stop and the terminal was a tiny 1-storey affair.

Wasn't this one (too new!)
https://static.routesonline.com/imag...rd-640x469.jpg
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:57 am

It's going to open on 28Jan2021. Anyone think there's any chance of GF resuming JFK with this new terminal (and with their new fleet)? There was chatter about it in spring 2019.
oreomilkshake likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by deltatrav
It's going to open on 28Jan2021. Anyone think there's any chance of GF resuming JFK with this new terminal (and with their new fleet)? There was chatter about it in spring 2019.
That would be wonderful. And I didn't know there were ever GF flights to the US.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:06 pm

Bahrain airport's new passenger terminal to open January 28

oreomilkshake likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:48 pm

Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:51 am

It looks like quite a pleasant new terminal, along the lines of Muscat where they have done a great job of making a terminal that is modern and well designed but also not too big for the demand, which should help avoid the complete ghost town situation (Abu Dhabi, I'm looking at you). Looking forward to travelling through it once travel becomes sensible again.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 3:08 pm

It sounds like (for now) only GF flights are going through the new terminal. No telling when all the other flights will be relocated there.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Nayef
It sounds like (for now) only GF flights are going through the new terminal. No telling when all the other flights will be relocated there.
Is the old terminal still functional? I didn't think so. Anyone know if/when the new non-GF lounge will join priority pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.