Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel, including flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel, including flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:36 am

so now Israelis don't need to use Irish passports.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:21 pm
Suspended

I can see EY flying in due to their various size aircraft. But not EK which I think only uses 777s and 380s.So maybe an Israeli carrier will serve DXB while EY serves AUH Un;rdd EK uses Fly Dubai

Last edited by craz; Aug 19, 2020 at 5:27 am
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
The Ruler of Dubai is UAE’s Vice-President and Prime-Minister, he also has veto power on the National Council (i.e. the country’s single legislative and policy-making authority). This is to say that the Emirate of Dubai is fully on board with UAE’s policy on Qatar relations.
The power dynamics between Abu Dhabi and Dubai are far more subtle than that. Veto power has to be used sparingly, and thoughtfully, given Abu Dhabi essentially financially underwrites the UAE budget. Every decision is made with “is it worth pissing off Abu Dhabi over?” in mind. Invariably, most times, it is not, whatever their misgivings.

The Emirati Dubai elite I speak to seem to think the Qatar embargo is a stupid fight no one win will win because all countries involved are simultaneously too rich and too small / weak to be overwhelmed or to strike a decisive victory.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:04 pm

Exclamation First LY971 Lands in UAE

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53971256
Flight numbers 971 and 972 represent international dialing codes of the two countries.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
As this is not EK-centric, we well move this thread to the Middle East Forum
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:58 am
Suspended

Have the flights started already? Or is there a set date for this?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 2:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jasonation
Have the flights started already? Or is there a set date for this?
Israir is trying to launch charter package tourist service flights from Israel to the UAE from something like the first week of October. But given the Covid-19 situation and other things, those limited October dates and their service may be a sort of moving target.

The following article sort of indicates that El Al cargo flights are more likely to come earlier than scheduled El Al passenger flights:

https://www.reuters.com/article/isra...-idUSL8N2G30FQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.