FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/)
-   -   UAE - Updated closure and suspension information in the UAE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east/2014042-uae-updated-closure-suspension-information-uae.html)

Global Adventurer Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am

UAE - Updated closure and suspension information in the UAE

An alert I received from the US Embassy in the UAE:"The Government of the UAE has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, including enhanced screening and quarantine measures. Schools and universities are closed until at least April 5. Sporting events, festivals, and gatherings larger than 300 people have been banned. Religious services have also been suspended for four weeks. On March 22, the Government of the UAE directed closures of public and private spaces including all beaches, parks, swimming pools, cinemas, and fitness centers until at least April 5. UAE health authorities are urging all returned travelers to the UAE to practice self-quarantine for at least 14 days and are also urging all residents to stay home. On March 23, the Ministry of Interior and National Emergency and the Crisis and Disasters Management Authority urged UAE citizens, residents, and visitors to limit trips outside the home except for essential movements. Shopping malls and retail stores will also be closing imminently but supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open. Visit the UAE Ministry of Health COVID-19 website for updated information. Failure to follow all laws, regulations, and procedures the Government of the UAE has put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 could result in fines and jail terms.

On March 19, the UAE announced it had suspended entry of valid visa holders who are currently outside the UAE. This includes holders of valid resident visas. The UAE also announced on March 19 it suspended the issuance of new visas, including visas on arrival, which American visitors formerly used, and transit visas. The suspensions will remain in place for two weeks but may be extended by the UAE government. The UAE government recommends that residents currently outside the UAE contact the nearest UAE diplomatic mission for assistance and information. Diplomats are exempt from the visa suspensions but may face added procedures for entry. Expatriates already inside the UAE on resident or visit visas should consult with relevant local authorities on extending their visas, if necessary."

Blumie Jun 18, 2020 9:22 pm

I need to travel to Abu Dhabi at some point, preferably in mid-July, and am wondering if anyone has any more recent information on the likelihood of travel opening up in the near future. I have a valid UAE resident visa, which I think will allow me to enter the country, but I am hoping not to have to quarantine when I get there.

Global Adventurer Jun 19, 2020 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 32468223)
I need to travel to Abu Dhabi at some point, preferably in mid-July, and am wondering if anyone has any more recent information on the likelihood of travel opening up in the near future. I have a valid UAE resident visa, which I think will allow me to enter the country, but I am hoping not to have to quarantine when I get there.

I don't think they are mandating quarantining. But, are giving routine health screenings and probably quarantining folks who don't pass.

Here's the most current trsvel information of all countries. Just click one time on the country you're interested in for a pop up window to display.

IATA TRAVEL CENTER

Blumie Jun 19, 2020 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 32468761)
I don't think they are mandating quarantining. But, are giving routine health screenings and probably quarantining folks who don't pass.

Here's the most current trsvel information of all countries. Just click one time on the country you're interested in for a pop up window to display.

IATA TRAVEL CENTER

Currently one, even a legal resident, is not able to fly to the UAE without first obtaining an entry permit from the UAE government. And Dubai is mandating a 14-day quarantine. Not sure if Abu Dhabi is doing the same.

Global Adventurer Jun 19, 2020 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 32469207)
Currently one, even a legal resident, is not able to fly to the UAE without first obtaining an entry permit from the UAE government. And Dubai is mandating a 14-day quarantine. Not sure if Abu Dhabi is doing the same.

Interesting 🧐