Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Old Mar 18, 20, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
This gets better everyday. Visitors to Israel are now required to fill in the following form and submit to their consulate 5 days prior to flying:

https://embassies.gov.il/new-york-he...7%96%d7%a8.doc

Anyone planning on doing this?
And as of today it is no longer an option, only citizens and residents will be allowed https://www.gov.il/en/departments/ne...gners_18032020

Timatic is not yet updated so it's unclear how does one prove he is a resident, presumably entry will be limited to specific visa types.
JohnM5 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 20, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Yup, saw that. Had canceled our trip already with the 14 day quarantine rule but for those non citizens or residents who were fine with that rule and did not yet do so, this is the final nail in the coffin.
I'm just wondering when this will all be lifted and we can go back to normal or whatever the new normal will be.
Old Mar 19, 20, 2:17 am

Timatic is now updated with a very vague statement:
- Passengers are not allowed to enter Israel.
- This does not apply to passengers that have a specific
entry approval from the population and Immigration
Authority of Israel.
Old Jun 16, 20, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
We have a trip to Israel planned for December/January. I've hung on to the award tickets (refundable for a small fee) and we have fully refundable hotel reservations.. Does anyone have a sense for what the situation will be in 5+ months?

I know the answers will be largely speculation but hopefully the folks who post here have a better feel for what is going on in Israel than I do.

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 20, 4:49 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
We have a trip to Israel planned for December/January. I've hung on to the award tickets (refundable for a small fee) and we have fully refundable hotel reservations.. Does anyone have a sense for what the situation will be in 5+ months?

I know the answers will be largely speculation but hopefully the folks who post here have a better feel for what is going on in Israel than I do.

Thanks.
Anything is possible between disaster to wonderful. It's just too far away. It seems we are starting a second wave now but maybe not/
Old Jun 18, 20, 7:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, AAdvantage, SPG Gold
I hope this hasn’t been addressed somewhere else but is it possible to transit through TLV at the moment (same terminal)?
One of the legs on my award flight was cancelled and I was auto rebooked on an itinerary via TLV
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 18, 20, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post

Thanks.
My last 2 trips were CXed, my next one is late Sept, and as C-19 continues to break out here in The US Im very doubtful if my Sept trip will occur

I honestly dont think theres anyone anywhere that can know what will be in Dec/Jan, the answer lies in what is the condition of C-19 in The US around then, if its been dormant for awhile then most likely they will allow non-Israelis in, if it only recently died down I doubt it. Bear in mind if say in Sept it dies down but rears its ugly head again then they wont think twice about KOing non-Israelis in.And thats exactly what just happened, with the new break outs both here and there , the Govt walked back allowing single students in to learn and only allowed married couples that were already living there till now and Voided ALL the Visas that were issued for the singles to enter. The 1 exception to the singles was if they were arteady airborne when the Govt reversed its policy they were allowed in but others that flew after that time were Denied entry when they landed

And of cause it also depends whats going on with C-19 over there as well
Old Jun 20, 20, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Chuvash View Post
I hope this hasnt been addressed somewhere else but is it possible to transit through TLV at the moment (same terminal)?
One of the legs on my award flight was cancelled and I was auto rebooked on an itinerary via TLV
Thanks in advance
TLV is not a good airport for transit (with no COVID).
I am not sure they will let you on the first flight.

can you share the route?
Old Jun 21, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, AAdvantage, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
TLV is not a good airport for transit (with no COVID).
I am not sure they will let you on the first flight.

can you share the route?
Sure wed be coming from Istanbul in TK and out to ADD on ET. Feels really complicated given the situation.

Ill try to reroute Especially since TK is still playing around with schedules
Old Jun 24, 20, 11:25 pm

Sure wed be coming from Istanbul in TK and out to ADD on ET. Feels really complicated given the situation.

Ill try to reroute Especially since TK is still playing around with schedules
I really recommend against this. In normal times it should be challenging, in COVID times it can be a nightmare.
Old Jun 25, 20, 6:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I hope this hasnt been addressed somewhere else but is it possible to transit through TLV at the moment (same terminal)?
Thanks in advance
I assume this is a *A award ticket. Is there availability on MS via CAI? I have always seen decent availability of *A awards on MS.
Old Jun 26, 20, 9:35 am

Lockdown continues until at least August 1st

Source
timesofisrael. com/ liveblog_entry/israel-extends-ban-on-entry-of-foreigners-until-august-1/
Old Jun 27, 20, 7:41 pm

Programs: United Airlines
Does anyone have any data if Israeli passport holders can transit through TLV? My wife and I are scheduled to arrive in TLV At 10 pm and will have tix to PFO for the following morning at 9:30. Any and all opinions would be welcome.
Old Jun 29, 20, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by IanJoseph View Post
Does anyone have any data if Israeli passport holders can transit through TLV? My wife and I are scheduled to arrive in TLV At 10 pm and will have tix to PFO for the following morning at 9:30. Any and all opinions would be welcome.
I am not sure you would be able to "transit". You can arrive and then depart. For a 11:30 layover I would get a hotel for a few hours and not "sleep" at the terminal.
Old Jun 29, 20, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
I am not sure you would be able to "transit". You can arrive and then depart. For a 11:30 layover I would get a hotel for a few hours and not "sleep" at the terminal.
Considering the need for 14 days quarantine, I'm not sure one would be able to transit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: