Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Airlines selling 16 hour stopover (over 12 hours)

Old Jan 25, 20, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar, *coughs* Currently: Silver

Hi Guys,

I am seeing conflicting information on this topic.

I am thinking about booking a fare with 16 hr stopover in Riyadh - with SV
I have heard that it will be allowed since it is with the national flag carrier - even though it is over the stipulated max 12 hours transit.

Can anyone please advise? With official web links?

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 20, 9:49 am

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
You can try to direct the question to Saudia's Twitter account. They're usually pretty responsive.

Also, when you say "it will be allowed," do you mean a transit would be allowed, or the flight itself?
Old Jan 27, 20, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newbtravelle View Post
Hi Guys,

I am seeing conflicting information on this topic.

I am thinking about booking a fare with 16 hr stopover in Riyadh - with SV
I have heard that it will be allowed since it is with the national flag carrier - even though it is over the stipulated max 12 hours transit.

Can anyone please advise? With official web links?

Thanks
I dont have the answer to your question, But I know SU (Aeroflot) will gladly sell me a layover of over 20+ hrs, however that is meaningless since as a US citizen I cant leave the airport unless I have a VISA. Its up to me to make sure that I comply with all the T&Cs if I want to enter any Country.
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar, *coughs* Currently: Silver
Originally Posted by Nayef View Post
You can try to direct the question to Saudia's Twitter account. They're usually pretty responsive.

Also, when you say "it will be allowed," do you mean a transit would be allowed, or the flight itself?
Thanks I will try twitter - I just want to know if they will allow the outbound and then the connecting flight
I don't mind not leaving airside
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Are you sure that you don;t mean "connection" rather than "stopover"? Typically, connections are good for as long as 24 hours (other than US domestic).
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:31 pm

According to my understanding, TWOV is allowed only if the onward connecting flight is within 12 hours (and of course the passenger does not leave the transit area). I was not able to find any information that SV is subject to exceptions in this respect. But as already suggested - best is to check with them directly, you are hardly the first one facing this dilemma so you should get clarity quickly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: