Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transportation from Gai Beach to Ben Gurion Airport

Old Jan 20, 20, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond,, US Air Silver

I need your help. I've searched the posts and can't find anything that is recent. I am looking for a car service from Gai Beach Hotel to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv. My flight leaves TLV at 5:45 AM. I've done some research and can't find a car service for less than $500. which seems pretty high. Also, for a 5:45AM flight what time should I plan on leaving the hotel?
Old Jan 20, 20, 3:34 pm

500$ is excessive, but bear in mind you are talking about 150KM from Tiberias to the airport, at that time of night you are looking at 1.5-2hrs drive, and the recommendation is to be at the airport 3 hours before, I would say the latest you should leave is 1AM.
A taxi should be around 150$
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
500$ is excessive, but bear in mind you are talking about 150KM from Tiberias to the airport, at that time of night you are looking at 1.5-2hrs drive, and the recommendation is to be at the airport 3 hours before, I would say the latest you should leave is 1AM.
A taxi should be around 150$
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Do you think I should pre-book and pre-pay?
Old Jan 21, 20, 12:51 am

You have to arrive at the terminal three hours before departure. The airport is extremely busy at the hour because many flights leave in the early morning. The lines for security, check. check-in, etc will be very long.

A much cheaper option is to take a bus to Haifa, then take the train directly to the airport.
Old Jan 21, 20, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by mbgg View Post
You have to arrive at the terminal three hours before departure. The airport is extremely busy at the hour because many flights leave in the early morning. The lines for security, check. check-in, etc will be very long.

A much cheaper option is to take a bus to Haifa, then take the train directly to the airport.
But when is the last bus running?
Old Jan 21, 20, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by smokeyjoe View Post
Thank you. Do you think I should pre-book and pre-pay?
There is no option to pre-pay for a taxi as they have to start the meter, as for pre-book I would suggest asking at the hotel reception, I'm fairly certain there is no need for that and they can book it for you on the spot or maybe just a few hours before.
Old Jan 21, 20, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbgg View Post

I agree and if it was me I would probably take a bus to Tel Aviv and stay the night in a hotel and taxi it from there. wouldnt want to chance driving it from Gai especially during the winter

Search this Thread
Search Engine: