healthcare in Dubai

Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

healthcare in Dubai

Hello,

​​​​​​my partner (UK born and bred) and me (German-born and bred) are looking to move to Dubai in the near future with our almost 2-year-old daughter.

now my question: I sometimes read in connection with residence permits that there is state-provided healthcare?

Is that the case? When would we qualify? What would be included/covered?

many thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by RonaldX11
Hello,

​​​​​​my partner (UK born and bred) and me (German-born and bred) are looking to move to Dubai in the near future with our almost 2-year-old daughter.

now my question: I sometimes read in connection with residence permits that there is state-provided healthcare?

Is that the case? When would we qualify? What would be included/covered?

many thanks!
Free health care for Nationals. And reduced for foreigners. I'm sure all the information you're looking for is on the government website.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:18 am

For non-UAE nationals, the employer arranges healthcare. The level of cover and benefits depend on the type of plan, so if this is important to you, you should check with your future employer in advance.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
As other said, check with your employer, I had to plans to choose from, one was a well known western insurer and the other one a local insurance but with actually much better benefits.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
A little off topic, but I wonder how this tourist paid for this major emergency surgery? Interesting story.

Dubai Doctors Save Tourist from near Death
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
A little off topic, but I wonder how this tourist paid for this major emergency surgery? Interesting story.

Dubai Doctors Save Tourist from near Death
I guess a great example why a good travel insurance is important...
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
I guess a great example why a good travel insurance is important...
Recently, an expat in Abu Dhabi was saved from death by citizens. I'm sure glad my medical insurance covers me international. Or, I would definitely have travel insurance. Nothing to mess around with.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/uae/abu-d...ersby-save-him

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.