Dubai to Petra?

Old Aug 24, 19, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Dubai to Petra?

Greetings all,

I will be visiting Dubai for 10 days in Sept and was considering taking a couple days and visiting Petra. Are there any tour companies that do Dubai to Petra tours? How about Jordanian tour companies that pick you up at AMM?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old Aug 24, 19, 6:12 am

Emirates has their own Tour and Vacation entity at the link below:

https://www.emiratesvacations.com/us_en/tours/jordan/classical-highlights-of-jordan?source=dd_tours_jordan
Old Aug 26, 19, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
That tour spends only part of one day in Petra. It also spends two days in Aqaba, which I don't think is worth the time (I'd reverse those two or skip Aqaba entirely in favor of touring Amman, more time in Petra/Wadi Rum, or seeing any number of other places in Jordan), and lists three nights in Dubai, which you probably have pretty well under control already, though I don't see any activities listed for them.

However, a quick Google search for Petra tours from Queen Alia Airport (AMM) turned up this one:

https://www.memphistours.com/Jordan/...-Amman-Airport

I have no interest in or experience with this company, so this is not a recommendation - but if I could find it in about fifteen seconds, someone who is more motivated to check out such tours ought to be able to find others and read their reviews. Bottom line is that what you're looking for does exist.
Old Aug 27, 19, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Kyonn View Post
Greetings all,

I will be visiting Dubai for 10 days in Sept and was considering taking a couple days and visiting Petra. Are there any tour companies that do Dubai to Petra tours? How about Jordanian tour companies that pick you up at AMM?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
There is a set of tours that are run out of Amman called Zuwar that will meet you in Amman at the airport and take you to Petra for the day..as well as many other tour options. Need to check timing of flight arrivals so you have enough time and its the right hours. I would guess you would need an overnight either in AMM or Petra given the distance and the time spent at the site.

Search this Thread