NIght layover in Dubai

Old Aug 12, 19, 5:08 am
Original Poster

NIght layover in Dubai

Hello

I am looking at a voyage passing through Dubai (flying Emirates), and I would have a long layover, arriving around 8pm in the evening, leaving the next day at 8 am. Is there something interesting to do in Dubai at night, and I mean then in the middle of the night after midnight or should I simply stay at the airport. Last year I flew via Singapore and the layover there was very pleasant. How is Dubai airport?
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:58 am

Programs: UA DL HH
Dubai is nothing like Singapore. Singapore is much better. In Dubai you can go shopping or eat something. Not much to see there. At the airport you have few overpriced food places.
I don't know how long are your flights, but I would probably leave the airport, stay in a hotel around Deira and go eat at local places around Al Riga street.
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Thinksamuel View Post
Hello

I am looking at a voyage passing through Dubai (flying Emirates), and I would have a long layover, arriving around 8pm in the evening, leaving the next day at 8 am. Is there something interesting to do in Dubai at night, and I mean then in the middle of the night after midnight or should I simply stay at the airport. Last year I flew via Singapore and the layover there was very pleasant. How is Dubai airport?

Just get a hotel.
Old Aug 22, 19, 5:39 am

You can go for Dinner on Dhow cruise. It's not that costly, I think it's around 30 to 40$ and they have a buffet system. Else, there is not much to do in the city at night.
Old Aug 22, 19, 9:13 am

I posted the same question yesterday. My layover is approx 8 pm to 4 am. Wondering the same. I think I'll leave the airport and visit some souks before they close, then find a 24-hour place to eat before heading back to the airport.

Search this Thread