Wiki Posts
Search

Trip to jordan suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, Radisson Gold
Trip to jordan suggestions

hi all, with my Wife and 7 y. O daughter.
planning a trip to’ Jordan at beginnig of september this year.
here my plan:
day 0: arrival amman late evening;
day 1: Amman/ jerash , hotel harir palace Amman;
day 2: Madaba nebo mountain, kerak, hotel: movenpick resort Petra;
day 3: petra hotel: movenpick resort Petra
day 4: wadi rum, hotel: memories aicha luxury camp;
day 5, 6 relax aqaba, hotel: intercontinental aqaba;
day 7,8 relax dead sea, hotel: dead sea spa hotel.
day 9 departure Amman, mid day.

would love to have any hint suggestions from you travel expert.
thanks in advance
g.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
This looks good if you're looking for a lot of down time. The only thing I'd suggest would be to not leave Wadi Rum so early on day 5. It's really beautiful there and you should maximize your time.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't see a need to drive all the way south to Aqaba just to relax, then drive a few hours north to relax some more. Personally, I'd add a day to Amman, in part to recover from jet lag and in part for the Roman ruins in the area, and if you want the down time spend all of it by the Dead Sea. Nothing wrong with the previous poster's suggestion to spend more time in Wadi Rum, either.

(When you're in Petra, don't miss the ice cream at your hotel.)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:52 pm

One thing I really wanted in Wadi Rum was to tour in a newer enclosed 4x4 vehicle since we were visiting in the August heat with 3 kids. I did not want to sit in the back of an old beat up pick up. Most of the jeeps in Wadi Rum are really old and you sit in the back. I used a tour operator out of Eilat, Israel to book my transfer from Petra to Wadi Rum and the same driver/vehicle was used for our 4 hour jeep tour in the desert. It was really really nice since they pre-screen the guides and vehicles - only guides that speak English well and have new cars are used. The guide was really good and he cooked a lunch for us in the desert after arriving. I have the contact of the guide/driver if you want to PM me. It's about half the cost if you book with him directly. He lives in Wadi Musa. The tour operators take a cut so my cost was higher.

cooking lunch

enjoying lunch at a shady spot in the desert

sunset in Wadi Rum
bsagator, Govlach and ps107 like this.

Last edited by schan1w; Aug 12, 2019 at 2:02 pm Reason: attaching pictures
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I would also skip Aqaba for 1 day at Dead Sea or for extra day in Amman.
bsagator likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
If you're not going diving, skip Aqaba and stay another night at one of your other stops. I don't think Aqaba is worth the trip. I would much rather stay in Amman an extra day and enjoy a night out, maybe going out to eat at a place like Kan Zaman.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, Radisson Gold
dear all
thanks a lot for all your precious comments. you have been really helpful.
thanks
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:04 am

Are you planning on self-driving? If so, I'd load all the Amman at one end unless you're more adventurous than me

E.g. I did this:
1. Amman to Dead Sea via Mt Nebo
2. Dead Sea to Petra
3. Petra to Wadi Rum
4. Dropped rental car off at AMM and taxied into Amman city. Ubered for the rest of the trip.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:55 am

There is great information within this thread. A bit of a different situation...I know a month is a very long time in these times and lots of changes may occur. Late May, I arrive in Amman on a Thursday evening, and leave Amman on the Sunday evening following; giving me 3 full days in Jordan. (I am kind of stuck with Jordan - changing flights causes other issues for me.)

Part 1: assuming no or reduced COVID restrictions by that time, what do you think can be accomplished over 3 full days, assuming transportation is not a problem for me?

Part 2: if I stay in Amman Thursday night and the full Friday curfew is in effect, any lodging recommendations (mid-range to higher) where I would not be bored for a day?

Part 3: any surface transportation recommendations from AMM to Petra?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
I did it almost as you plan. 2 nights in Amman, with time to see the new and old city and Jerash, then down the Kings road to Petra. check the dates they run petra by night and try to be there for that. highly endorse the movenpick at Petra as well.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
We are planning a trip to Jordan later this month. We are going to Aqaba to dive. Any suggestion on hotels? I am torn between the Hyatt (Globalist), IHG (Platinum), Marriott (Platinum) and Moevenpick (nada). Moevenpick and IHG are the same price ($160), Marriott is $190 and Hyatt is $215.

We are a family of 4 and looking for a clean, respectable room and any F&B benefits. What do y'all recommend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.