Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jerusalem to TLV for 5:20 AM Flight

Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver

Will be staying in Jerusalem and have a 5:20 AM flight out of Ben Gurion Airport . Flying in J if that makes any difference What is my best option to get from Jerusalem to the airport and what time should I leave. Will probably be staying at a hotel near the old City or should I go back to Tel Aviv the previous day. It does not look like there are any hotels at or near the airport. If I have to leave around 2 am or so does it even pay to get a hotel room for that last night?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

There are no hotels near the airport. TLV is located between Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv - it takes only about 20 minutes more to go from Jerusalem than Tel-Aviv so you don't want to waste hours changing hotels to save a few minutes. Your options from Jerusalem are a private taxi, the Nesher sherut (shuttle) or the 485 bus (doesn't run on the Sabbath). The sherut (a 10 seat minibus) picks you up at your accommodations and costs 67 NIS pp. The 485 bus leaves hourly from near the Central Bus Station and costs about 14 NIS. You can calculate the taxi fare here:
http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports/bengurion/Pages/TaxiFareCalculator.aspx
awayIgo likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
What airline are you flying? If EL AL, the official recommendation in Biz used to be 2 hours before your flight, though they seem to have removed all recommendations from their site.

Taking a taxi at that time of day from Old City area should take about 40 minutes. On a Nesher, I'd factor an additional 25 minutes (as you may be the first passenger to be picked up).
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The airline would be Swiss in J. Has anyone taken the new high speed train to the airport?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The train doesn't run after 22:00, so not really an option unless you want to spend the night in the airport instead.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:42 pm

The train is still unreliable so is not an option for anyone flying out. You should arrive 3 hrs in advance because the airport can be incredibly busy sometimes, nobody knows how long it will take you to go through security, there is extensive road construction at the exit from Jerusalem, etc, etc, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.