Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Things to see in Kuwait City & Manama?

Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Doing quick stops in each. Aside from the towers in KWI, and the "tree of life" outside of BAH, what really is there to see? Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
The bazaar in Bab Al-Bahrain is noteworthy if you like bazaars. Maybe the national museum, Qal'at al-Bahrain (Bahrain Fort) and Al Areen Wildlife Reserve if you like animals. Everything else is just shopping, resorts and bars like Dubai, but a bit cheaper.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nayef
The bazaar in Bab Al-Bahrain is noteworthy if you like bazaars. Maybe the national museum, Qal'at al-Bahrain (Bahrain Fort) and Al Areen Wildlife Reserve if you like animals. Everything else is just shopping, resorts and bars like Dubai, but a bit cheaper.
Thx! I do like bazaars.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Thx! I do like bazaars.
I just remembered another place that's pretty cool. In the Bab al-Bahrain area, there is a traditional restaurant that's been there since 1950 called Haji's Cafe and they serve local grub from breakfast all the way to dinner. I believe it's a place worth trying if you want to try Bahraini cuisine, as not a lot of places make that (at least near the capital where people can speak English).

Last edited by Nayef; Jul 20, 2019 at 3:05 pm Reason: spelling fixed
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nayef
I just remembered another place that's pretty cool. In the Bab al-Bahrain area, there is a traditional restaurant that's been there since 1950 called Haji's Cafe and they serve local grub from breakfast all the way to dinner. I believe it's a place worth trying if you want to try Bahraini cuisine, as not a lot of place make that (at least near the capital where people can speak English).
That's a great suggestion, thanks!
Nayef likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:49 am
Suspended

Not sure if you are a fan of it but I would do sky diving it gives you an unforgettable experience
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:09 am

As other's mentioned, the bazaar and souks are fun and a great place to eat. For Kuwait: In addition to the obvious sites and museums in the city, if you are interested in history there is a fort in Al Jahra called the Red Palace. Pretty interesting to see their history (if I remember correctly, it's where the held back the Saudis way back when) and it's well maintained. An easy 20 minute taxi ride there. The Grand Mosque is also very impressive (I think 8th biggest in the world).
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
Bahrain the fort is a definite must-see, and maybe the WTC they have. In Kuwait besides the obvious, there is: https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/kuwait

And for something really odd, not sure if it's still there, but: <title>Sheikh Fahad's car, I finally found it | Life in Kuwait

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.