Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB to downtown Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

DXB to downtown Abu Dhabi

What are the available options to get from DXB to downtown Abu Dhabi?

I read that can either take a bus, a taxi or a rented car. However, due to late arrival and a tiring journey, I don't think bus or rented car is feasible.

Will any taxi from the airport be willing to head to Abu Dhabi?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Yes, any taxi that you catch at the Dubai airport will take you to Abu Dhabi. In the extremely unlikely event that the driver declines, just move to the next taxi -- the taxi ranks at all terminals at DXB are huge.

Naturally, a Dubai taxi driver may not know his way around Abu Dhabi as well as he would Dubai, so be prepared with a map or directions to your destination.

Should cost around AED 300.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Only 300? I don't think taxi would go to Abu Dhabi for 300 AED. Uber would be around 500 AED, and for sure I would take Uber over a taxi in DXB.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Only 300? I don't think taxi would go to Abu Dhabi for 300 AED. Uber would be around 500 AED, and for sure I would take Uber over a taxi in DXB.
why uber over taxi?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by reddevil0728
why uber over taxi?
You don't have to wait for uber hours in a taxi queue.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

You don't have to wait for uber hours in a taxi queue.
The taxi rank is always super busy?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by reddevil0728
The taxi rank is always super busy?
Whenever I'm there.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:16 am

I would take normal taxi over Uber especially at the airport. the taxi rank is well controlled and always seems to have enough taxis
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Taxis are AED 1.96 per km (https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae...taxi/dubaitaxi). Plus a starting charge of AED 25 from the airport.

It's around 155km to, say, the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, right in the center of downtown. So that comes to around AED 329. A bit more to the end, like the InterContinental or Emirates Palace.

The taxi lines can seem long, but there are a lot of taxis. I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes even when it looked horrible.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm talking from my experience. Most of the time I arrive at DXB Thursday night or Friday morning. The taxi lines were always out the door.
But if the taxi ride would be 350, then it would be worth spending extra time in line for 100+ AED in savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.