Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Rethinking my CAI-AMM-DOH-BOS flight home after Egypt vacation?

Old May 20, 19, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold

We are taking a 10-day trip to Egypt in early October. With the latest warning for aircraft not to fly over the Persian Gulf, should I be rethinking my flight home from CAI? We are scheduled to fly CAI-AMM-DOH on RJ J class then DOH-BOS in QR QSuites (something I am REALLY looking forward to).

But with the new warnings about flying over the Gulf FAA Warning/Persian Gulf Travel Advisory, and expecting that things will escalate rather than de-escalate in a few months, I am wondering what advice you all would give me about changing our flight home. I booked it using AA miles for both of us but would rather be safe than sorry and spend the $$$ to rebook for cash and pay fees to get my AA miles back.

Thoughts? I'm also concerned about the latest tour bus bomb near the pyramids this past weekend and am starting to wonder if we need to choose a new destination.
Old May 21, 19, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Think of it this way:
There are probably higher odds that you will be carjacked on your way to BOS airport than any of the things you describe
Old May 21, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Gold
I was there a couple of months ago with my family, my entire gene pool and I would go back again today. Terrible things happen all over the place, 40,000 people in the US died from gunshot wounds in 2017.

Search this Thread