Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 day in TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
1 day in TLV

So I will be arriving into TLV ~6am

Need to be at the airport the following day ~8am to join a land tour.

Do you think it will be better for me to book at hotel in the city centre (cognisant that i probably cannot check in till 12noon+), explore the city a little, then take a taxi back to TLV early next morning? Or do you think it will be better to find a cheaper hotel near the airport, then take a taxi into town before returning for the night?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:17 am

The distances are pretty short... airport to Tel Aviv is 20-25KM, I would probably sleep in Tel Aviv if I were you, you should be early enough to avoid rush hour traffic.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:12 am

I agree I would go into Tel Aviv (which only takes about 20-30 minutes by train) and then go back to Ben Gurion the next day. I would maybe advise leaving your luggage at the airport also in that case since you only need things for an overnight, and you don't want to run around the city with all your things before you can even check into your flight. Just a thought! [Moderator edit per FlyerTalk Rule 10 recognizing that the site does not allow commercial activity.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 25, 2019 at 9:12 am Reason: See not above.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
There are hotels that will allow you an early check-in. Alternatively, if you're worried about your luggage, there are lockers available in Tel Aviv. Lockit Tel-Aviv

For example, you could take the train to the center of the city, get off by Tel Aviv Hashalom, lock your bags, and continue from there. Plenty to do within walking distance or single bus ride away. And the Crowne Plaza is right by the train station. Ditto for Leonardo Plaza and Tel Aviv Savidor Center.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Also, TLV doesn't actually have any proper airport hotels, and the closest one (Avia in Yehud) closed down.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
The distances are pretty short... airport to Tel Aviv is 20-25KM, I would probably sleep in Tel Aviv if I were you, you should be early enough to avoid rush hour traffic.
12 km. Book forward hotel. Ask shuttle from Hotel reception or take Gettaxi app.
Also if you'll arrive light time, take Moovit app (it's the best for Israel transport).
If you will take public transport, you must charge tickets before, on station.
In Israel there is no possibility to charge into bus or train
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:40 pm

Go to a hotel. The one hotel,advertised as an airport hotel is located between nowhere and no place— and only close as the bird flies. Hotels will hold your luggage until check in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.