Doha: 14 Hour Layover

Old Mar 10, 19, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
Doha: 14 Hour Layover

Hello fellow travellers,

I'd kindly need some advice from you for a 14 hour layover in Doha. We are arriving early in the morning at 5:30 am with QR booked in J and flying to BKK at 08:00 pm but unfortunately our stay doesn't qualify for the +Qatar stopover hotels. Is there a hotel you can recommend where we can rest a few hours and check in early? Also recommendations on what to do and to see are very much welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Rai
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
Hello fellow travellers,

I'd kindly need some advice from you for a 14 hour layover in Doha. We are arriving early in the morning at 5:30 am with QR booked in J and flying to BKK at 08:00 pm but unfortunately our stay doesn't qualify for the +Qatar stopover hotels. Is there a hotel you can recommend where we can rest a few hours and check in early? Also recommendations on what to do and to see are very much welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Rai
I'm puzzled why you can't use QR's stopover plan. I think the minimum stay hurdle is 12 hours. If you are doing it yourself I'd contact a hotel reservation centre (Hilton, IHG etc), or a hotel directly, and explain you want a day room. For western chains there's a Doubletree and Holiday Inn Express/Crowne Plaza within walking distance of the souq and museum

There's a whole set of threads in the QR forum devoted to what to do on in Doha on short breaks between flights.

You might head over there and check out those threads.
Old Mar 10, 19, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
I contacted QR on that matter and they told me that my booking did not qualify for the stopover programme because I did not use the Multi City Tool on their website to book the tickets.
Thank you, I will contact the hotels directly and ask for an offer and check out the other posts on Doha.
Old Mar 11, 19, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
I contacted QR on that matter and they told me that my booking did not qualify for the stopover programme because I did not use the Multi City Tool on their website to book the tickets.
Thank you, I will contact the hotels directly and ask for an offer and check out the other posts on Doha.
I've booked Qatar+ hotels on a couple of simple (but long!) connections.
Perhaps I was fortunate, and YMMV.

Search this Thread