Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

D.C. to Dubai on Emirates: Worth $3,000...??

Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:24 am
Original Poster

So I'm going to Dubai for 4 days then off to Seychelles for 10. It's a 40th birthday trip.

As a "baby churner" I have only been able to get about 4 hotel nights covered during this trip. Mostly because I used a ton of points recently on a two week trip to Europe last month.

Anywho, I was also able to get my Dubai-Seychelles flight for about half off using AmEx points (not great but better than nothing). I thought I was being smart in planning out what cards to get for this IAD-DXB flight as I realllly wanted to try to get a first class Emirates seat for free (I figured if I planned right, I could do it). But I made quite a few mistake over the past 6+ months when obtaining cards, wasn't able to get one I really needed for this trip, and also misunderstood some things that I found out about later on that meant barely any miles would be going towards this D.C.-Dubai round trip ticket.

With all of that said, I am splitting room costs with another friend who is going and I am willing to splurge a bit on the flight as flying First in Emirates is on my bucket list and I doubt I'd ever do it again in my life. With that said, Alaska Airlines has a half off sale going on with their miles at the moment. I also have some Alaska Airlines miles already. I have calculated that I could get a R/T ticket to DXB for ~$3k which would put me in economy departing and first coming back. I'd like to hear opinions on if people think this is a 'decent' price and for those that have flown Emirates first class if it might be worth the splurge.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I didn't really understand much of this
and had to Google "baby churner"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...baby%20churner

Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I didn't really understand much of this
and had to Google "baby churner"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...baby%20churner

By baby churner I meant baby "credit card" churner. A noob to the credit card churning world of course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.