Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Medication reporting for DXB transit ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I have heard that the UAE requires registration when you have medications.
Admittedly, we are going to Australia with EK, so we do not clear customs in DXB for a layover for just a few hours, but, still, can they check for medication or drugs ?
I got scared when I read this article: https://www.detainedindubai.org even despite not visiting the UAE itself, but only changing planes in DXB.

Any experiences with strict medication / drugs checking at DXB ?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:18 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Of course they can check you for medication / drugs / firearms etc. It's the same as passing through any other transit security check at any other airport. If your medications are legal, you've nothing at all to worry about.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Last weekend I went to DXB and had prescription drugs. Did not declare anything. My bag was scanned twice. First time at the exit from the immigration and second time I was 'randomly' selected.
They've scanned my bags and I was on my way.
If I didn't read FT I wouldn't know this stupid rule for medications in UAE. If they send me official letter (email) I will comply. Otherwise they can kiss my ....
Going there again this weekend. With same medications. Not planning on registering my drugs. And how the hell can you provide your original prescription if it's taken from you when you get your drugs at the pharmacy?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Last weekend I went to DXB and had prescription drugs. Did not declare anything. My bag was scanned twice. First time at the exit from the immigration and second time I was 'randomly' selected.
They've scanned my bags and I was on my way.
If I didn't read FT I wouldn't know this stupid rule for medications in UAE. If they send me official letter (email) I will comply. Otherwise they can kiss my ....
Going there again this weekend. With same medications. Not planning on registering my drugs. And how the hell can you provide your original prescription if it's taken from you when you get your drugs at the pharmacy?
Just make sure you inform your relatives/friends to contact your countries' embassy in case no one hears from you for a day or two. It's always best to follow the rules and regulations of countries you are travelling too.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

This made up regulation is as good as any other regulation in all of the countries here in the region.
How someone can follow those stupid rules if they are not announced during the ticket purchase? You know why they are not announced? Because they are completely useless and if they've announced them, people would think twice before they would book flight to/via DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.