Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for quick help for taxi price in Cairo

Looking for quick help for taxi price in Cairo

Old Sep 21, 18, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Need help with taxi in Cairo

traveling Sunday to Cairo, not sure Iím converting right from airport to hotel. Shows 17.9km/32min, about 32.00EGP = about 2.00 USD. I know this canít be right. Can someone help me. Thanks
Old Sep 21, 18, 3:03 pm

Hello. That price is too low. Fuel prices have increased a lot in Egypt recently. It depends on a number of factors such as what type of taxi you take and how busy it is on arrival. How much luggage? How many people? Prices are per car but small black and white taxis, for example, are limited in space for luggage. If you are willing to negotiate a rate of 120 EGP to 160 EGP is reasonable. Uber is available in Cairo too. Just be careful to ensure you are being charged in EGP and per car when agreeing the fare in advance. Taxis are very good value in Cairo and the rate you are charged should reflect this. Just not 2 USD
Old Sep 21, 18, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Please give them a tip. Tourism is down and so many Egyptians work really hard and are struggling to feed their family.
Old Sep 22, 18, 2:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
As this topic is specific to a particular airport, we will move this the Middle East destination forum.

(Reminder: we do ask members not to cross-post threads in multiple fora. Thanks very much for your understanding and cooperation. )

/JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator
Old Sep 22, 18, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Lgh34609 View Post
traveling Sunday to Cairo, not sure I’m converting right from airport to hotel. Shows 17.9km/32min, about 32.00EGP = about 2.00 USD. I know this can’t be right. Can someone help me. Thanks
Of course it's not right. Get the Uber and/or Careem apps on your phone and use them either for transport, or to get a ball-park figure for a taxi.

Better still, use LondonCabs a good value limo service run by Sixt. It has a straightforward booking site that tells you exactly the fare you will pay. I think you can pay in advance with a credit card if you wish.

London Cab Egypt
Old Sep 23, 18, 3:02 am

Taxis can be hit and miss in Egypt. Might want to book ahead to be sure. I've had my share in Cairo, such as taxis without seatbelt, taxis without headlights (and yes it was dark).

Search this Thread