Short transit time in Amman Jordan

Old Sep 20, 18, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Short transit time in Amman Jordan

Hi everyone,

Below is my itinerary. This is two separate tickets.

Flight 1- Medinah to Amman with Royal Jordanian airline
Flight 2- Amman to London with British Airways

I only have 55 minute transit time.

I have no baggage. Only hand luggage. I have a British passport. I will do advance online check in for British Airways flight.

I heard Queen Alia Airport is not very big. Will i be able to make my connecting British Airways flight in 55mins.

Can I just go from Madinah flight straight through to Briritsh Airways flight or will I need to do immigration in Amman.
Old Sep 21, 18, 9:21 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk suruk007!

There is some chance you'd be able to make it: AMM is indeed a small airport, and if you have a boarding pass for your BA flight you do not have to go through immigration. You will however have to go through a security check when you transit.

The question, however, is what happens if you don't make it. What if your RJ flight is, say, 20 minutes late, or if it parks in an outside position (so you need to be bussed to the terminal), or the line for security turns out to be long, or your departing flight is the farthest away from your arrival gate. Under ordinary circumstances, BA will owe you nothing if you miss your flight. Is this a risk you're willing to take? I know I wouldn't -- when combining two separate tickets, I would leave several hours (or, better, an overnight) for transiting.

Shuly
Old Sep 21, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
This is far too tight for a separate ticket connection, everything would have to go perfectly. If your inbound is slightly late or you hit a big queue at transfer security then you could miss it
Old Sep 24, 18, 7:24 am

I did something similar to this recently at CDG, with a 3.5 hour transit. I knew it was risky, but due to schedules and the alternatives, I decided that the risk was worth it. It worked out fine, but it could have gone wrong very easily.

I most certainly wouldn't do it with a 55 minute connection. It would take almost nothing to throw that off.

Search this Thread