Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Slightly under 48 hours in Cairo area with 3 children

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever

Need some help as I consider ideas...

My wife and I have been to Cairo before and done Giza and Sakkara tours. Now that our kids are 5,7 and 9 they have begged to do a quick Cairo trip on the end of our Greece vacation in August. We will areive mid day from Athens on a Wednesday and depart on the 8am BA flight on Friday.

Initially I thought about staying at one of the Four Seasons, but given the short amount of time we will be there and locations of where we actually want to go, I am reconsidering.

On wednesday when we arrive, all we will want to do is check in to a hotel and go to Giza for the afternoon/evening. Once done with a tour of Giza, my guess is the kids will want a quick dip in the pool and dinner. On Thursday we would just get up and do Sakkara and then recover at the pool for a while in the afternoon.

When I think more about location, the Marriott Mena House sounds like the right location even if not very deluxe digs, at least for Wednesday night and Thursday morning. I recall Giza to Sakkara being shorter to drive than from any of the Cairo hotels. And the idea of being right next to Giza for our first day is appealing. I know we would have few dinner options out in Giza, but I could make room service from Pyramid view rooms work out fine.

What i am trying to decide is what to do on Thursday. If we go to Sakkara thru mid day we could return to thr Mena house, hit the pool and do a late check out. What I would prefer to do is wake up on Friday morning at the LM Cairo airport, so I am considering whether we could hire a car that would take us to dinner in Cairo and then drop our luggage and us at the LM later Thursday evening. The ability to walk into the terminal without the 60 minute drive at the crack of dawn will be priceless.

Any feedback or other ideas? If we did have a driver and car for thursday from 5pm-10pm, what other than dinner would folks recommend for us to do in Cairo? Kids are adventurous , so would like to do more than just dinner that last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.