Wiki Posts
Search

Jordan/Lebanon trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:48 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Efrem
I felt the same way after my first mansaf dinner (at a highly-regarded Amman restaurant). However, I had it twice more during my 2016 visit and totally changed my mind after the second and third. Give it another shot.
I would give it another shot, but damn if these kofta kebabs aren't that much more tempting (taken at the Petra bus station in Amman)--

Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I was in Amman a number of years ago. It wasn't the most pleasant for ambling, but I dug the Roman history, the friendly locals, and the food (save for the humdrum mansaf). Petra was a roughly 3.5 hour minivan ride away; indeed, that was worth the death-defying journey.

Lately, I've been interested to revisit Amman, if only due an episode of Ainsley Harriott's (British singer/chef) travel-food show.
Death Defying journey, in Jordan? God forbit you go to Libya, Syria or Irak.

Jordan is very safe. I've been there 6 times now and in all have rented a car and driven myself except the first time with a guide. Drove through towns in the middle of absolute no where and never had an issue.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:41 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Death Defying journey, in Jordan? God forbit you go to Libya, Syria or Irak.

Jordan is very safe. I've been there 6 times now and in all have rented a car and driven myself except the first time with a guide. Drove through towns in the middle of absolute no where and never had an issue.
It's a stupid observation that you made, considering that driving is one of the most lethal forms of anything throughout the world. For starters, here's one word to teach yourself: speeding.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
It's a stupid observation that you made, considering that driving is one of the most lethal forms of anything throughout the world. For starters, here's one word to teach yourself: speeding.
It's a stupid assumption to think that he meant it was due to speeding. It implies that it was dangerous.

Don't come up chest out macho man, you end up looking like an imbecile.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Efrem
I felt the same way after my first mansaf dinner (at a highly-regarded Amman restaurant). However, I had it twice more during my 2016 visit and totally changed my mind after the second and third. Give it another shot.
The sauce is an acquired taste

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.