$1,287 decent price Jfk-TLV direct?

Old Mar 18, 18, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

$1,287 decent price Jfk-TLV direct?

So I am looking at going JFK-TLV 06/02-06/11. My dates arenít that flexible. I have seen some direct flights for around $1280 but I donít have tons of travel experience to this region so not sure how much prices fluctuate. I have seen the same tickets up to like $1,500.

Just looking for a little push on whether I should go ahead and grab them or wait and see if they deep in price.
Old Mar 19, 18, 12:15 am

Have you checked prices for tickets with one stop in Europe? Many airlines have good connection times and the prices are often cheaper. I have flown with Turkish, Air France, British Airways, Alitalia, KLM, Czech Airlines and Swiss.
Old Mar 19, 18, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
That "feels" high to me, but if you don't have date flexibility it probably doesn't matter. I second the recommend to look for a 1-stop itin if you're price-sensitive.
Old Mar 19, 18, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sometimes you can save even more if you are connecting onward from JFK, remember everyone Must claim their bags at the 1st US port of entry. Problem going via Europe is most carriers will fly non-stop from Europe to XYZ , so you need to find an XYZ that lowers the fare and yet no non-stops from Europe
Old Mar 19, 18, 9:57 pm

The only one going non-stop from JFK to TLV on a Saturday is Delta. I just went onto the Delta website. The cost is $1182. A $1284 flight is a code share with a change in Europe. If you can take a day off and go late Thursday night with El Al you can get a ticket for approx. $1050. AND yes, going through Europe will be less. Many now go via Russia to save money. However, your trip is very short and I can appreciate your wanting a non-stop. I fly back and forth between JFK and TLV and wild horses couldnt' drag me to anything but a non stop flight!
Old Mar 21, 18, 4:42 am

If you really want to save money, you should look at the low cost airlines. E.g. I'm seeing now Norwegian, on 4 June, ARN-JFK-TLV for USD 327 one way. With baggage, seat reservation and meals, it's 400 dollars.
Old Mar 21, 18, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Nonstop on DL for a little over a grand isn't terrible I guess. I'd rather have that than $800-ish R/T on Norwegian with a connection.
Old Mar 28, 18, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Most of times, connecting through SVO on Aeroflot or KEF on LCC seems to be the cheapest.

Search this Thread