Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi 5 Year Visa - Visiting Non-Sponsoring Company

Old Feb 6, 18, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

I have a 5 year multiple entry business visa for KSA. It is still valid for a couple of years. I am returning to KSA for a business trip, but I will not be visiting the same company that sponsored by original 5 year visa. Will that be an issue, or are they just checking to see that my visa is still valid?
thanks
Old Feb 9, 18, 6:10 am

Programs: UA DL HH
They do not check that. I've never been asked for reason of my visit. Just don't queue the Business/Diplomatic lane. Go to the Returning Visitors lane.
Old Feb 14, 18, 4:44 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by bwiadca View Post
They do not check that. I've never been asked for reason of my visit. Just don't queue the Business/Diplomatic lane. Go to the Returning Visitors lane.
+1
Old Feb 22, 18, 8:20 am

I was in KSA last week for the first time. I have a 5 year multiple entry business visa. I was not asked anything about sponsors, contacts, or anything. Other than being fingerprinted and a quick snapshot taken because it was my first visit, it was similar to entering Germany or Singapore as an American. The exit immigration was very simple and quick. Again, no questions asked.
Old Mar 3, 18, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I entered with no issues. Last time I entered in Jeddah and it took over an hour and a half to get through immigration, with most immigration officials sitting around not processing anyone. This time I entered through Riyadh and I dare say it was a quick and pleasant experience. They now even have little screens at each immigration official asking you to rate the experience. Either there is just a huge difference between Jeddah and Riyadh (I've been told there is), or the changes being instituted throughout KSA are having a positive impact. Or both.
Old Mar 5, 18, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by badgersfly View Post
They now even have little screens at each immigration official asking you to rate the experience.
I entered KSA in Jeddah 2 1/2 weeks ago. I saw the little screen asking to rate the experience. Based on my experience, I gave it 5 stars!

I am American FWIW. Because this was my first visit to KSA, I did have to switch to a different immigration booth. I needed to be fingerprinted and a photo taken. However, it was very quick and efficient, and the immigration officials were very friendly. The man "directing traffic" asked if it was my first visit to Saudi Arabia. When I said it was, he said "We are glad you are visiting our country!" The immigration officer that processed me through told me "Welcome to Saudi Arabia!" Other than the fingerprinting and mugshot, the entire immigration experience was similar to entering a Western European country.

I flew to Jeddah on a Saudia flight from India. I believe I was the only Caucasian in the arrival hall.
Old May 8, 18, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Originally Posted by badgersfly View Post
Thanks for the replies. I entered with no issues. Last time I entered in Jeddah and it took over an hour and a half to get through immigration, with most immigration officials sitting around not processing anyone. This time I entered through Riyadh and I dare say it was a quick and pleasant experience. They now even have little screens at each immigration official asking you to rate the experience. Either there is just a huge difference between Jeddah and Riyadh (I've been told there is), or the changes being instituted throughout KSA are having a positive impact. Or both.
I live in Riyadh. The airport here is fine - the immigration officers are polite and generally efficient.

Jeddah airport is a zoo.

Search this Thread