Doha Airport Wifi for Uber

Old Jan 20, 18, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Doha Airport Wifi for Uber

Hello, is it pretty difficult to tether WIFI at the Doha Airport to get an Uber to go to downtown?
Old Feb 12, 18, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130 View Post
Hello, is it pretty difficult to tether WIFI at the Doha Airport to get an Uber to go to downtown?
Sorry this must be too late. I just saw the thread. Perhaps others could use the info.
On my recent 2 trips at DOH booking Ubers, I did not experience any problem with wifi. I was out by curbside of Door 1 and Door 2 area.
One driver told me Uber can only stay for a few minutes they must move or get cited. He also told me it is best to stay out by the median platform to wait for the Uber cars
Old Feb 12, 18, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Just log on to to the airport wifi, and call Uber.

I think Uber still shows some nonsense about making your way to somewhere in the car park. If it does, ignore it. Simply confirm which exit door you are located at, and keep a sharp eye open for number plates.
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Just reminded by my experience yesterday:

you register for airport wifi either through an SMS or with a QR reference. booked Uber, sent an in-app message to meet me at Gate 4. That's the exit door opening onto the last stretch of arrival's kerb-side (to the far right as you emerge from customs) - it's the least crowded part. The car arrived within a few minutes. Fare to the city centre QAR42 - a bit over 8.

Search this Thread