Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel Haifa CARMEL TUNNELS card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold

Due to poor advance research on my part and poor communication skills as traffic piled up behind us, I have a Carmel Tunnels card. When we got to the booth, we didn't understand what the woman was asking or how it worked, so we ended up paying more than needed (we told the woman we were going 8km which was our total to destination vs exiting the tunnel very quickly in like 1-2km) and being handed a thick plastic card which I assume is a toll debit card. (The scene was pretty comical, with the toll operator and us laughing even as it was clear I had no clue.) We were going to the Crowne Plaza, and never were asked for the card. So, I'm assuming I have card with decent value on it that I have no need for. Assuming I have it right and there's money on the card, does anyone want the it? If so, PM me and I'll mail it to you in the USA. If there's toll money on it, I'd rather see it get used. No charge, just pay it forward some time or buy me a drink if you're near me in LA. :-) And if I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll just toss the card. Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:58 am

There are only 2 exits, so you can either go 1 segment or 2, what did you pay for your ticket?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:50 am
Suspended

OT, dont mean to hijack the thread, but OP I take it everything went smoothly AMM-TLV and you ended up not doing TLV-AMM? Cant help with the tunnel card, I didnt even know it existed as I never get up that way
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

We ended up flying into AMM, flying to Doha and back to AMM, then driving south, crossing over land at Aqaba/Eilat, driving north and flying out of TLV. All went well!
ajGoes likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by abaheti
Assuming I have it right and there's money on the card, does anyone want the it? If so, PM me and I'll mail it to you in the USA. If there's toll money on it, I'd rather see it get used. No charge, just pay it forward some time or buy me a drink if you're near me in LA. :-) And if I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll just toss the card. Thanks!
No need to mail it. I'll buy you a drink and pick it up in person. I'm in the west valley.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

It is yours. I'll pm you
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
There are only 2 exits, so you can either go 1 segment or 2, what did you pay for your ticket?
Honestly, not sure. She finally just took cash, gave me a card, and said "give this to the next booth" or something like that. But we pulled out at the very first opportunity (which was our exit) and never saw a toll booth or a way for anyone to collect money from us. So I assume that the card has enough on it for the biggest distance possible. My memory is that she took around $20-$25 USD worth, but I'm not sure at all as it was pretty rushed.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:57 pm

20-25$ seems odd given that travelling both segments cost about 5$.
I think you indeed pay at the entrance only, therefore if you buy the 2 segments you simply show your card again, or they might even record your license plate and the gate just opens, but it was several years ago...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
20-25$ seems odd given that travelling both segments cost about 5$.
I think you indeed pay at the entrance only, therefore if you buy the 2 segments you simply show your card again, or they might even record your license plate and the gate just opens, but it was several years ago...
Thanks. I'm going to assume you are correct since I clearly blew it. Regardless, someone will have the card soon and hopefully it saves them a few bucks even.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.