Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is Cairo airport ViP service worth it?

Old Nov 14, 17, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm travelling alone this winter, safety is not really my concern but the airport is.(based on the reviews) I feel compelled to tap into one of those expedited services though it isn't really my style. Is it worth it?..How disorderly it really is the airport in Cairo? .. My terminal is 3 if that makes any difference at all.
Thanks for the inputs.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by thundercracker76 View Post
I'm travelling alone this winter, safety is not really my concern but the airport is.(based on the reviews) I feel compelled to tap into one of those expedited services though it isn't really my style. Is it worth it?..How disorderly it really is the airport in Cairo? .. My terminal is 3 if that makes any difference at all.
Thanks for the inputs.
It's not at all disorderly. It's different, but in fact it's pretty straightforward. Thousands of people go through the airport every day with little trouble.

Simply buy a visa sticker at one of the bank windows immediately before going through immigration.
After immigration someone's going to ask to see your passport, so keep it handy.
Go down to the luggage carousels, pick up any bags and off you go.
On the way, one of the limo companies might ask if you want transport: up to you if you want to negotiate here or landside.
You might have to put your bags through an Xray thing in the customs area, but that shouldn't phase you.
Once you are landside stop at the limo desk and arrange transport. Best ignore, or refuse, offers of rides from any touts who have made it into the airport.
Old Nov 15, 17, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
It's not at all disorderly. It's different, but in fact it's pretty straightforward. Thousands of people go through the airport every day with little trouble.

Simply buy a visa sticker at one of the bank windows immediately before going through immigration.
After immigration someone's going to ask to see your passport, so keep it handy.
Go down to the luggage carousels, pick up any bags and off you go.
On the way, one of the limo companies might ask if you want transport: up to you if you want to negotiate here or landside.
You might have to put your bags through an Xray thing in the customs area, but that shouldn't phase you.
Once you are landside stop at the limo desk and arrange transport. Best ignore, or refuse, offers of rides from any touts who have made it into the airport.
Thanks for the info.. Can the same thing be said come departure time?
Old Nov 16, 17, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by thundercracker76 View Post
Thanks for the info.. Can the same thing be said come departure time?
It can be a bit of a zoo getting through the first set of security: though this rather depends on the time of day. Just give yourself time and go with the flow. You might get "helpers" grabbing your bags: don't get upset at this, and above all don't feel intimidated. But do remember you're going to need a print-out of your ticket or equivalent.

I occasionally read stuff about passengers getting asked for money to get through the security inspections (there are more at the gate lounge), when the agent "sees" something in their bag . This is just opportunistic nonsense, but it must work sometimes: fools and their money......
Old Dec 22, 17, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
At one of my visits, arriving shortly before midnight, wit a departure 09-ish next day, I had decided to use the Meet&Greet service.

At that particular time it worked well, since normal immigration queues were overfilled with schoolchildren and teachers. The meet-up guy took us through immigration via the desk for pax with diplomatic passports, swifter than normal desks with few queuing.

On the other times, just as well without that service.
Old May 8, 18, 7:12 am

Programs: Bashing people with special needs shall not be tollerated.
Hello all, since I have a similar question I bring this up.

Is there a company offering VIP service at T2, too - for departures? I only read for T1 and T3.

Search this Thread