Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transfer from Turkish (T1) to Air India (T2) in Riyadh (King Khalid) Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from Turkish (T1) to Air India (T2) in Riyadh (King Khalid) Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Transfer from Turkish to Air India in Riyadh (King Khalid) Airport

Hello Riyadh travellers,

I'm an Indian Passport holder with a valid US visa. I am flying J and have a transfer from TK146 to AI922 in Riyadh airport and the layover time is 3.5 hrs. Both flights are from Terminal T1

1. Am I allowed to transit without any visa for this layover?

2. Will my baggage transfer be taken care by the airlines (both Star Alliance) at Riyadh airport? I called Air India and they were obviously not very helpful. They were like you should ask at check-in counter if they will transfer the baggage.

Last edited by pichalite; Nov 11, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:21 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Edited to show the correct information. You do NOT need a visa to transfer in RUH from TK to AI.
(When I first check using the url below I mixed up the dates and the connection became a stopover, hence the apparent need for a visa. Apologies for having provided incorrect information.

https://skyteam.traveldoc.aero/

Last edited by mihaid; Nov 11, 2017 at 9:44 pm Reason: Information corrected
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mihaid
It seems you need a visa to transfer from TK to AI, since they operate from different terminals. You can check for yourself here:

https://skyteam.traveldoc.aero/
Thanks for the reply. I had incorrect information before. Both flights are from T1.

I chose multi segment option and Enter SAW to RUH with connecting flight option and then chose RUH to SAW. It said transit visa not required..
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:45 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by pichalite
Thanks for the reply. I had incorrect information before. Both flights are from T1.

I chose multi segment option and Enter SAW to RUH with connecting flight option and then chose RUH to SAW. It said transit visa not required..
Have edited my response to show the correct information. You do NOT need a visa for this transfer.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Before boarding Turkish flight to Riyadh:
1. Check-in agents tagged my bags to BOM as the Air India system is not allowing them to do all the way to Hyderabad.
2. Check-in agents were not able to give my RUH to BOM to HYD boarding pass and asked me to contact arrivals desk in RUH.
3. Air India customer service on phone told me to figure out things about boarding pass myself when I arrive in RUH. After I told, I am in Business class, he put me on wait and gave some documented information on Air India counter (like room number 16xx - ...?) in RUH but did not give specifics of how I can meet them. Very useless customer service. It sucks. Thats the reason travelers don't want to fly Air India. Basically they are like find yourself when you are at the airport.
4. Gate agent asked for Visa and made fuss for a while until he checked the system.

After landing in Riyadh:
There were no board signs about transfers in Riyadh KKIA Airport. Fortunately I found a helpful agent wearing SGS (Saudi Ground Services) tag ID card. He checked my documents, asked me to wait and got a passenger transit form. Filled some details in it and asked me to sign. Made me go through quick security scan in the terminal. Again asked me to wait - took my passport, ticket. Came back after 35 mins with my Air India boarding pass. He also changed my baggage tags from Turkish to Air India checked all the way to Hyderabad. Since I was in business class, I was told to use the Plaza Premium lounge (which is boring by the way. I used Wellcome lounge with my PriorityPass). While the process went with no hiccups, it was not pleasant as I was nervous all the time in RUH airport because of no signs of transit boards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.