Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

International Transit in Beirut (BEY)

Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if there's an issue having an international transfer in Beirut, under 24 hours and don't plan to leave the terminal, and traveling to Israel later in the trip? I can't find anything covering this specific issue. I did find a thread elsewhere with a response from the Lebanon Embassy that international transfer isn't allowed if you have evidence of visiting Israel in your passport which seems potentially similar and has me questioning this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I can't answer the question directly. But, to my knowledge Israel usually stamps a separate piece of paper vs. a page in your passport because of issues like this with its neighbors. And, Israel is later in your trip anyway, right? So, your passport should be fine if inspected.

Is there anything in your documentation that makes it clear you are traveling to Israel or have visited there before? Your flight out of BEY is probably not going to Israel, so a clean passport and a boarding pass to someplace else should get you in and out. But, I'll defer to folks who have done this at BEY.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.