Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Same plane turn-around in MCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold

Quick one,
Found only old reviews/threads on this topic and my bad since i been in MCT myself (not for a MR) but didnt check the Transfer options. According to Airport official info sounds easy process..

https://www.omanairports.co.om/Page....&PGID=23#link1

Any one here who recently has done Same plane turn-around MCT can comment please? A friend asking me regarding a EK turn-around...

Thank you!

Last edited by Bubus78; Nov 7, 2017 at 1:48 am Reason: MCT Airport link added.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:51 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Transiting at MCT is very easy but I recommend you get a physical paper BP for the return flight before you take the outbound flight, because the guy manning the entrance to MCT transfer security wants to stamp it.

You can get a paper BP from the MCT transit counter but it sometimes takes a while and they work very slowly. Make sure they understand that you just want to re-print your BP not check-in from scratch.

And as you should know, it's all bus gates at MCT until the new terminal is ready and boarding starts almost 1 hour before departure time...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Transiting at MCT is very easy but I recommend you get a physical paper BP for the return flight before you take the outbound flight, because the guy manning the entrance to MCT transfer security wants to stamp it.

You can get a paper BP from the MCT transit counter but it sometimes takes a while and they work very slowly. Make sure they understand that you just want to re-print your BP not check-in from scratch.

And as you should know, it's all bus gates at MCT until the new terminal is ready and boarding starts almost 1 hour before departure time...
Thanks for the feedback
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Good morning,

Anyone already done quick TA same A/C on the new MCT airport? Same easy process like in past?

Thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:23 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Bubus78
Good morning,

Anyone already done quick TA same A/C on the new MCT airport? Same easy process like in past?

Thank you!
Dead easy, in theory. It was simple when I did something similar earlier this week. Follow transit signs and a) pick up transit boarding pass at transit desks & then proceed through electronic transit gates, or b) pass directly through the automated transit gates (scanning the boarding pass you already have) and enter the security screening area which is opposite the transit desks. After that you just proceed to the departure gates or the lounge/s.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
Dead easy, in theory. It was simple when I did something similar earlier this week. Follow transit signs and a) pick up transit boarding pass at transit desks & then proceed through electronic transit gates, or b) pass directly through the automated transit gates (scanning the boarding pass you already have) and enter the security screening area which is opposite the transit desks. After that you just proceed to the departure gates or the lounge/s.
Perfect - Thank you NoY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.