Same plane turn-around in MCT

Old Nov 7, 17, 1:47 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Posts: 101
Same plane turn-around in MCT

Quick one,
Found only old reviews/threads on this topic and my bad since i been in MCT myself (not for a MR) but didnt check the Transfer options. According to Airport official info sounds easy process..

https://www.omanairports.co.om/Page....&PGID=23#link1

Any one here who recently has done Same plane turn-around MCT can comment please? A friend asking me regarding a EK turn-around...

Thank you!

Last edited by Bubus78; Nov 7, 17 at 1:48 am Reason: MCT Airport link added.
Bubus78 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 17, 3:51 am
  #2  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,367
Transiting at MCT is very easy but I recommend you get a physical paper BP for the return flight before you take the outbound flight, because the guy manning the entrance to MCT transfer security wants to stamp it.

You can get a paper BP from the MCT transit counter but it sometimes takes a while and they work very slowly. Make sure they understand that you just want to re-print your BP not check-in from scratch.

And as you should know, it's all bus gates at MCT until the new terminal is ready and boarding starts almost 1 hour before departure time...
:D! is offline  
Old Nov 9, 17, 12:41 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Transiting at MCT is very easy but I recommend you get a physical paper BP for the return flight before you take the outbound flight, because the guy manning the entrance to MCT transfer security wants to stamp it.

You can get a paper BP from the MCT transit counter but it sometimes takes a while and they work very slowly. Make sure they understand that you just want to re-print your BP not check-in from scratch.

And as you should know, it's all bus gates at MCT until the new terminal is ready and boarding starts almost 1 hour before departure time...
Thanks for the feedback
Bubus78 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 18, 1:35 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Posts: 101
Good morning,

Anyone already done quick TA same A/C on the new MCT airport? Same easy process like in past?

Thank you!
Bubus78 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 18, 9:23 am
  #5  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi, Phuket, London
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, EY Gold, QR Gold, CX, SQ
Posts: 4,538
Originally Posted by Bubus78 View Post
Good morning,

Anyone already done quick TA same A/C on the new MCT airport? Same easy process like in past?

Thank you!
Dead easy, in theory. It was simple when I did something similar earlier this week. Follow transit signs and a) pick up transit boarding pass at transit desks & then proceed through electronic transit gates, or b) pass directly through the automated transit gates (scanning the boarding pass you already have) and enter the security screening area which is opposite the transit desks. After that you just proceed to the departure gates or the lounge/s.
NoY is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 1:38 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Dead easy, in theory. It was simple when I did something similar earlier this week. Follow transit signs and a) pick up transit boarding pass at transit desks & then proceed through electronic transit gates, or b) pass directly through the automated transit gates (scanning the boarding pass you already have) and enter the security screening area which is opposite the transit desks. After that you just proceed to the departure gates or the lounge/s.
Perfect - Thank you NoY
Bubus78 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread