FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/)
-   -   DXB Visa needed for SA citizen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east/1874957-dxb-visa-needed-sa-citizen.html)

Cris L Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am

DXB Visa needed for SA citizen

I believe I need a Visa for my upcoming Dubai visit, and am travelling with BA

i believe that hotels in DXB can arrange these, so I contacted the hotel booked through Booking.com, to be advised that I need to have paid for minimum 3nights (I am staying 2), plus a fee of 360AED, and a security deposit of 5000AED.

I feel they are trying to rip me off as this seems completely ridiculous.

Can anyone offer advice?

I did try to look at the UAE London embassy site, but it's not as helpful as I'd like.

Reds2011 Oct 31, 2017 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Cris L (Post 28997534)
I believe I need a Visa for my upcoming Dubai visit, and am travelling with BA

i believe that hotels in DXB can arrange these, so I contacted the hotel booked through Booking.com, to be advised that I need to have paid for minimum 3nights (I am staying 2), plus a fee of 360AED, and a security deposit of 5000AED.

I feel they are trying to rip me off as this seems completely ridiculous.

Can anyone offer advice?

I did try to look at the UAE London embassy site, but it's not as helpful as I'd like.

SA = South Africa? Yes, you will need a visa

It's a pain for the hotels as they run the risk of fines and so on if you overstay etc. Try South Travels or one of the other larger travel agencies. Google is your friend here.

MarcoKingsly Nov 13, 2017 7:26 am

You could advance to E.visa online, this is much more easy!

Reds2011 Nov 14, 2017 3:28 am

Originally Posted by MarcoKingsly (Post 29054906)
You could advance to E.visa online, this is much more easy!

Basically the same. Both are travel agencies.

MarcoKingsly Nov 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Reds2011 (Post 29058712)
Basically the same. Both are travel agencies.

I believe it is not, it should be issued by the state not a travel agent

Reds2011 Nov 16, 2017 2:49 am

Originally Posted by MarcoKingsly (Post 29064779)
I believe it is not, it should be issued by the state not a travel agent

There is no e-visa channel for tourists requiring a visa, i.e. you cannot apply on your own behalf (unless you are a resident of another GCC country and your visa profession is on the approved list). In the OP's example, this is not a valid option.

A resident of the UAE can apply for an e-visa online for someone, but they are in effect sponsoring them.

Any website offering online tourist visas is backed by a travel agent who becomes the sponsor of the visitor - the travel agency makes the application on their behalf.