FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/)
-   -   Transit dubai airport terminal 1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east/1872470-transit-dubai-airport-terminal-1-a.html)

bassaniobroke Oct 17, 2017 7:54 am

Transit dubai airport terminal 1

Hi friends, I will arrive at Dubai airport terminal 1 and depart from the same terminal. This is my first visit please give some idea how it would be, how big is the terminal? will I be dropped into terminal building by connecting bridge and walk and find out other gate for departure or I will be using bus, train to get into terminal and changing the gates. thanks

ewrfox Oct 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by bassaniobroke (Post 28942461)
Hi friends, I will arrive at Dubai airport terminal 1 and depart from the same terminal. This is my first visit please give some idea how it would be, how big is the terminal? will I be dropped into terminal building by connecting bridge and walk and find out other gate for departure or I will be using bus, train to get into terminal and changing the gates. thanks

THis video might help:

RohanDXB Oct 23, 2017 3:44 am

When you land in DXB, you will go toward terminal 1 (AKA Concourse D) where your parking space depends on availability.

The concourse is a pretty compact area and even if you are at a remote stand, the bus ride isn't long - around 7-8 mins at most. The bus will then take you to a center point in the concourse where you will climb up a few flights of stairs and be in front of the trains - do not take it as it is only for arrivals. Follow the signs for connections.

If you end up at a gate with an aerobridge, you just need to follow the signs for connections (ignore arrivals and do not board the train if you happen to get there). In my experience (anecdotal), widebody aircraft (A330, 777, 747, 787, A350) never get assigned remote stands - they are always at the bridges but that's just my experience.

In both cases, you will go thru security screening and be in the departures area of the concourse. There are a few airline desks for airlines that see the need to have it.

If you end up with a very low numbered gate (<5) or high (>18), those will be at either ends of the terminal. The highest numbered ones are bus gates and you need to take an escalator to go down below the duty free. There are moving walkways to expedite your journey to the boarding gates.

When you walk thru duty free and come out (facing the airfield), there is a foodcourt on the upper level (in front of you) and lounges (to your left & right).

It is not a large terminal when compared to T3 so I find it easy to move around quickly. Gate numbers do not get assigned until pretty close to the flight so if you think that it might be slow to move to either end of the terminal, don't stray too far from the central area where the duty free is.

Lastly, there are many, many staff members who will guide you on the route you are supposed to follow (look for the clusters of people wearing blue polos).

Depending on where you are coming from, it can either feel really vibrant and modern (compared to US airports) or cold & sterile (compared to some Asian airports). There is free wifi, plenty of shopping & dining as well as options for spa treatments. As you move away from the center, it is pretty easy to find a place to sit until your next flight.

Beware though that in the evenings, arrivals get delayed or gate assignments for your inbound can take quite some time. If you are on one ticket though, then the airline has to manage.

Ro

04900773r Oct 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Dear Friends,

I would like to ask you if there is transfer desk service for transiting passengers who have a stop over at Dubai Airport. I come with China Southern Airline and continue my flight with EMirates. I am wondering if I could get my original boarding pass for my next flight without getting out the immigration control if I have checked in on line.

Thanks!