Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Muscat Airport - Arrivals Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M

Does anyone have any experience of the arrivals lounge at Muscat Airport? Their website says it is located prior to immigration. We arrive at 03.30 in the morning and thought we would spend a few hours there (waiting for daylight to pick up hire car), but if it is before immigration I can't see how it would work as we wouldn't be able to pick up our checked bags, which is after immigration.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Cambus
Does anyone have any experience of the arrivals lounge at Muscat Airport? Their website says it is located prior to immigration. We arrive at 03.30 in the morning and thought we would spend a few hours there (waiting for daylight to pick up hire car), but if it is before immigration I can't see how it would work as we wouldn't be able to pick up our checked bags, which is after immigration.
I will be in the exact same scenario, arriving at 03:30 from DOH and will be renting a car. Does anyone have any experience with staying in the arrivals lounge for an hour or 2 before proceeding to immigration? I'm trying to foresee any potential problems.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Hi everyone - does any one have any more recent experience with MCT arrivals lounge? I'll be arriving at 07:00 am and would love to change and take a shower before hitting the road. I read about the lounge is before immigration, which makes it a bit unpractical given the need to pick-up bags at baggage claim.

Thank you for any insight!
Old May 22, 2023, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Cambus
...I can't see how it would work as we wouldn't be able to pick up our checked bags ...
The sequence you described only means that your checked bags will not be delivered or stored in the lounge. But that's always the case. I wouldn't let this stop you from visiting the arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.