Search

Dxb --> amm --> tlv

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - Gold; Marriot - Platinum
Dxb --> amm --> tlv

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm planning on taking a trip to the middle east and I've never been. I'd like to check out UAE, Jordan, and Israel. Can i fly into Dubai, then spend a few days in Jordan, and then fly to Israel?

Based off my limited research this doesn't seem like a problem going this way - would Israel prevent entry? If i started out in Israel, it sounds like UAE might balk due to the Israeli stamp in my passport. Does it matter if i visit Israel right after Jordan/UAE? Would that cause more problems?

What is the security situation like in each country?

Thank You for anyone who has made the trip before.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - Gold; Marriot - Platinum
Also - how is royal Jordanian and the lounge situation like in each country? If people had their options, would you connect via United (to keep building my status) or fly direct from ORD to DXB via emirates
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Israel does not stamp your passport anymore when coming through the airport.
While you will are unlikely to be denied access to Israel, be prepared for some more questioning on both arrival and departure.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:44 am

A lot of tourists visit Jordan first, then cross into Israel. You may be asked a few extra questions upon arrival; some may seem silly and irrelevant but just answer patiently, politely and honestly and you will soon be on your way.

When in Jordan, you will probably visit Petra and Wadi Rum. From there you can continue south to Aqaba and enter Israel at Eilat. You can then fly to Ben-Gurion Airport (TLV) or Sde Dov airport in north Tel-Aviv from Eilat. Look at the "Arkia" and "Israir" websites for schedules and fares.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You'll get some extra questions from Israeli immigration but they understand people do visit neighboring countries as well as them! Answer honestly and you'll be quickly on your way. There is no stamp, you get given a slip of paper. The only way any other country would know you've been is if you exit Israel into Jordan via the bridge, where the Jordanian entry stamp gives it away.

Each of these countries has a strong security service which keeps a tight lid on things, I'd have no security concerns.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I met a young Swiss woman in Jerusalem who was questioned for two and a half hours crossing from Jordan. She said a young American woman at the border at the same time was questioned for two and a quarter hours. The common thread was that they were young women, who may come in for quite a lot of extra interrogation.

The Swiss woman was living in Jordan at the time, which probably raised another big red flag.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
While not quite in the same situation, I'll be traveling to Israel in March having traveled to the UAE in the past year and having made 3 trips to Indonesia since the passport was issued. (Does Israel care about travel to a predominantly Muslim country *not* in the Middle East?)

Can you elaborate on what types of questions they ask, apart from the standard where are you going, and why, and who do you know there, where are you staying, etc.?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheW2016
If people had their options, would you connect via United (to keep building my status) or fly direct from ORD to DXB via emirates
I've flown EK once in J and thought it was fantastic. I have not flown them in Y.

If I were flying Y and already held Gold on UA, I'd probably stick with that even though EK Y is *probably* a bit better. At least UA Gold puts you in E+. If it were no status vs no status, then EK would be a no-brainer.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheW2016
Also - how is royal Jordanian and the lounge situation like in each country? If people had their options, would you connect via United (to keep building my status) or fly direct from ORD to DXB via emirates
Rj lounge in Amm is very nice..its a small airport and the lounge overlooks duty free shops,easy airport to navigate..in tlv.,there is no rj lounge but a shared lounge

We've flown amm tlv and reverse many times.,no issues..and flown tlv amm dxb same day with no issues.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by icedancer
Can you elaborate on what types of questions they ask, apart from the standard where are you going, and why, and who do you know there, where are you staying, etc.?
Mainly yes/no questions and wh questions.

Seriously, do you think it would be a good idea to list those questions here for all to see? Can you try to imagine why they ask them in the first place?

Shuly
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:48 am

Jeez, why do you need to be such a d*ck in the tone of your response? The question was asked in good faith, as a female traveling solo who wants to know what to be prepared for and hopefully avoid 2 hours of questioning. PM would have been fine if there were things you didn't feel comfortable sharing on the thread.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:10 pm

The question was asked in good faith, as a female traveling solo who wants to know what to be prepared for and hopefully avoid 2 hours of questioning.
There is really no need to be "prepared" for anything, and while the question range can vary from where did you fly from to how many kids you have and more, you just need to be honest and all will be ok, no need to panic
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:19 pm

Thanks. Thinking is hard when you've just gotten off a 14 hour flight and haven't really slept. I can probably remember how many kids I have, though
ajGoes likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Jeez, why do you need to be such a d*ck in the tone of your response? The question was asked in good faith, as a female traveling solo who wants to know what to be prepared for and hopefully avoid 2 hours of questioning. PM would have been fine if there were things you didn't feel comfortable sharing on the thread.
Sorry but shuly was correct. I also thought you wanted someone to list all the possible questions you may be asked

That said I will say at times its not the question/s that are important and a person gives off the wrong vibe and bingo they can expect hours of questioning.

Everyone coming into and departing Israel are Profiled, its that simple and that has nothing to do with any questions a person may be asked, other times when your passport is scanned it pops up things they want to know about, getting a new PP wont help unless your Country of the PP doesnt link past PP info to the new ones and my guess is The US does, so even thou my PP doesnt have any Visas in it any that has been issued and were in past PPs will someway be attached to my new PP. Its a digital world today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.