Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KWI main terminal to Sheikh Saad Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver

I am currently planning a trip to KTM, and one option of getting there (STN-IST-KWI on Atlas Global, KWI-DXB-KTM on Flydubai) involves a transit between the main terminal and the Flydubai terminal at KWI. From what I've gathered so far, the transport links at the airport are almost nonexistent. I've seen some mentions of a shuttle bus between the two terminals, but couldn't verify it. Is taking the taxi the only option? How much would it cost?

Another factor that complicated the whole thing is that the flights are at night (arriving main terminal at 2am, departing Sheikh Saad at 7am, and on the return arriving Sheikh Saad at 11:45pm, departing main terminal at 3:55am. In this time I would need to sort out visa on arrival, collect my luggage and transfer to the other terminal.

I've read reports of how terrible immigration can be at KWI, so is this plan in any way viable, or should I go with a much simpler, safer and more comfortable (but more expensive) LHR-MCT-KTM option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.