Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any reasonably priced airport lounge in Dubai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any reasonably priced lounges in Dubai Airport Terminal 3? We will be in transit for 8 hours during the day & wanted somewhere to relax & have a bite to eat. We can't afford the airport hotel, & Marhaba lounge is about $100US I think for 4 hours, any ideas? also, what other activities are there on offer?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
I believe in Terminal 3 that may be the only lounge - as far as I've noticed/been to hmm.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread too in case I'm missing out.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by springtime77
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any reasonably priced lounges in Dubai Airport Terminal 3? We will be in transit for 8 hours during the day & wanted somewhere to relax & have a bite to eat. We can't afford the airport hotel, & Marhaba lounge is about $100US I think for 4 hours, any ideas? also, what other activities are there on offer?
The Marhaba lounge is nowhere worth 100$ for 4 hours, I would look at actually entering the UAE and getting a day rate at one of the hotels near the airport.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Depending on the time of your layover you may want to look into the day rate or spa/beach rates offered by many hotels in the area. Taxis are generally very cheap in Dubai.

Originally Posted by corbomite
The Marhaba lounge is nowhere worth 100$ for 4 hours, I would look at actually entering the UAE and getting a day rate at one of the hotels near the airport.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it's during the day, get in a cab and leave the airport
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Isn't the Marhaba lounge like 45$?

Not everyone can enter the UAE without a visa, some people forget this.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Skywards, Silver
45$ according to this website. https://www.sleepinginairports.net/a...ok-lounges.htm

The same goes for the Business Class lounge (which I HIGHLY recommend, as you get more for your money than you do at Marhaba, and you don't have to stand up for 30 minutes waiting for a seat to be empty)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist
45$ according to this website. https://www.sleepinginairports.net/a...ok-lounges.htm

The same goes for the Business Class lounge (which I HIGHLY recommend, as you get more for your money than you do at Marhaba, and you don't have to stand up for 30 minutes waiting for a seat to be empty)
EK Business Class Lounge? It's $100
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There is a Swissport lounge called The Business Class Lounge, but it's in Concourse D (Terminal 1) so no good to the OP.

https://www.executivelounges.com/air...airport-lounge
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
You could just slum it in Burger King or Mcdonalds, just pretend you are in a lounge ?

You are sadly quite restricted on lounge options if on a tight budget , best bet is to leave the airport if you are exempt from a visa.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skywards, Silver
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not what it says here though.
£35 = $45
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist
Not what it says here though.
£35 = $45
As mentioned by another poster, it's not the EK lounge and it's in a different terminal
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:44 pm

Have you checked to see if you qualify for Dubai Connect?
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...i-connect.aspx
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Thankyou everyone for your suggestions.

* Yes, I have checked, we don't qualify for Dubai connect unfortunately, as we bought an Economy saver ticket.
* We're going to be in Terminal 3, so the Lounges suggested won't work, but thankyou for trying to help.
* Roughing it out at Burger King? I think that's going to be a bit difficult as my 76 yr old mum is travelling with us.
* EK Business Lounge is a bit steep, since there are 3 of us travelling, I think we might have to leave the airport, our passports are Australian, I think we get a 30day visa automatically.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:00 pm

I forgot to add that meal vouchers are available from the transfer desk for long connections (>5 hrs?), or at least they were when we transited a couple of years ago. They're only valid at certain food stalls, but it's better than nothing. We collected the vouchers and then exited the airport rather than "completing" the transfer and then used the vouchers after returning to the airport for the connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.