Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Uber availability - Dubai Outlet Mall Area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum

Was wondering if it would be difficult to get an Uber from the Dubai Outlet Mall area (which i gather is a little out of town), back into town.. Figured there shouldn't be a problem for the other way round...

This would be during the day and hence hoping to check with folks in the DXB area who know the route better.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:37 am

Outlet mall is right on E66 (Al Ain Highway) so although its a bit out of town, it is no more than 10 mins drive from high density areas. I wouldn't expect an issue getting an Uber there - plus there is a huge taxi rank right at the mall itself.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Check it yourself in the app to see if there are cars available now
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Outlet mall is right on E66 (Al Ain Highway) so although its a bit out of town, it is no more than 10 mins drive from high density areas. I wouldn't expect an issue getting an Uber there - plus there is a huge taxi rank right at the mall itself.
Thanks for the info...The taxi rank should sort the issue out in the event of Uber not happening for some reason.

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Check it yourself in the app to see if there are cars available now
I did check yesterday and the wait time was much longer than normal and hence thought i'd check here, since i'm not too familiar with that side of Dubai.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Piling onto this old thread since it's another Uber related query; Can you take an Uber from Dubai - Sharjah & vice versa ? Or is there a better way to do this run ?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quarryking
Piling onto this old thread since it's another Uber related query; Can you take an Uber from Dubai - Sharjah & vice versa ? Or is there a better way to do this run ?
I took Uber from Dubai to Sharjah last month, and then had to flag down taxi on the highway (I went to Sharjah National Park) as Uber was not available in Sharjah. From Deira area to the park I've paid 98 AED, then the taxi back to the same location was 75 AED. So, you can take Uber one way, and it's going to be more expensive then a taxi.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I took Uber from Dubai to Sharjah last month, and then had to flag down taxi on the highway (I went to Sharjah National Park) as Uber was not available in Sharjah. From Deira area to the park I've paid 98 AED, then the taxi back to the same location was 75 AED. So, you can take Uber one way, and it's going to be more expensive then a taxi.
Any particular local taxi service you'd recommend in the Sharjah region for the return journey ?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
bus
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any particular local taxi service you'd recommend in the Sharjah region for the return journey ?
We got regular white taxi with red top back to Dubai. (that's the taxi which stopped for us on the side of the highway). I assume that any taxis would do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.